Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leagues 1 and 2 Ended Early on Points Per Game Basis

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It also wasn’t that long ago that their chairman suggested making the Premier League a closed shop with no relegation.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
You couldn't make a case for anyone except Cov deserving promotion so early but m'beloved Rov deserved it on all the shite that's gone on over the last year, it's been bobbins all round. Warniola's dad died, Richie's brother topped himself, Jordan Sinnott, fan died at an away game...if any club deserved a somewhat fortunate promotion it is arguably them. Plus we've spent enough going to Wembley twice in four years.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Meanwhile man u had a scare as friendly with stoke postponed as a stoke player has tested positive.

I'll be honest, I've been very surprised that ANY team has been willing to play any friendly matches, for exactly that reason. I know Paul Barber has said they were exploring the possibility but it just seems a completely unnecessary risk [of having to put the entire squad into quarantine] to me.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
So how will the bookies settle anti post betting on this then, I had a lucky 15 / 4 teams over four leagues including Plymouth and Peterborough in them, plus Woking in the non league also cancelled and Forest still going ahead.
I think it’s totally unfair to finish the league and give points per game, should have been voided

Woking ? That was giving your money away ,granted they started well despite losing to an awful Shots side 2nd game of the season .

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Mad, 1 season in our history before this stint in the third division and I cannot see us getting out of it for a long time now
Remember it well. Aldershot's last minute winner in a 3 2 victory ,ex Sunderland Steve Berry scored it . Total scenes and movement .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Woking ? That was giving your money away ,granted they started well despite losing to an awful Shots side 2nd game of the season .

I was going for the e/w value £2.50 ew lucky 15
Woking 12/1
Plymouth 11/2
Peterborough 14/1
N Forest 25/1

Apart from Woking (who had a slim chance of top 3) they all had excellent chance of top 3

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Barry Fry rightly moaning, but his solution is pants.

Here is a far better solution:

(Average points at home times number of home games left) plus (average points away times number of away games left).

:shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Barry Fry on R5 just now...clearly unhappy and rightly so...had clearly a great solution and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot :whistle:

See my post above yours. ???

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why you think i posted mine :D

I only listened to the first bit...re points..home/away games eight and goal difference ..plus having won 7 out of last nine games etc.....what as his solution?

Something like weighting points for remaining home games higher than away using the same weighting for all clubs rather than based on achievement (like what I suggested), thereby favouring P'borough because they had more home games left. Who knew?

It's bad enough with [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] taking the piss without you starting. ??? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here