Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Two Here We Come?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
brightonfan_86 said:
Are we heading to the depths of League Two? Because if we don't sign replacements in the next couple of months, I'm going to fear the worst and say we're going to get relegated.

Yep, 100%....I think we are heading for the conference....I mean releasing some players at the end of a season and then not replacing them before the end of May.....what a crap club......we are doomed!!!

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
That's right Kev. It's all part of the plan. Release five player and not bring anyone in.
Of course they are going to get replacements in, stop being such a fucktard would you please.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
To be fair to kev, we were told most of last season that various players were going to be coming in to replace departed ones, and did they?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bit harsh having a go at him - it was a question - im sure Grimsby and Stockport fans thought the same as most on this thread.

Whilst I dont agree with Kev I do think he has a point about players.
No one wanted to come last year so what makes this year any different?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
Bit harsh having a go at him - it was a question - im sure Grimsby and Stockport fans thought the same as most on this thread.

Whilst I dont agree with Kev I do think he has a point about players.
No one wanted to come last year so what makes this year any different?
No-one wanted to play for us in the second tier offering the wages we were.

We're now in the third tier, wage demands are less onerous, and the quality of players required to compete is slightly lower, making us a bit more of an attractive proposition to those lesser players this year. Not by a huge amount, maybe, but enough to get us the players we would need, hopefully.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nobody wants to play for us? I am bemused as to why we have got such a good youth set up and made some very good loan signings in the past.

Cheer up sunshine. We are bound to make some signings before the start of the season. I find it odd that you want McGhee sacked as he got us relegated, so we are obviously good enough for the Championship, yet the huge step down to league one and you think we will be relegated again.

Did you think exactly the same when we went down last time?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Nope I'm being honest here, nobody wants to come down here and play for us, so where the f*** are these replacements going to come from? answer me that?

We've let go players that didn't even feature last season, so they're hardly replacements are they? I'd imagine GNW might be one, maybe Tom Brighton (although I'm not in control of the budget so you might want to phone the club). I'd imagine you might see some year long loans from Premiership clubs. The list can go on if you want.....

BUT IT'S ONLY MAY!

Shall we have a poll, most pointless kneejerk thread, Kev's or Richie's? Too close to call for me.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Am I the only one who seems to think we have a fairly decent League One side at the moment?! We have some very good players at the club still and just because we released 4 players (of which none of them were 1st team regulars) the talk of relegation is occuring.
It's May, the Season has only just finished and were talking about relegation nearly 3 months before the Season starts! :glare: .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here