Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League One title betting

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, I take your point. There's a chance that Southampton suddenly hit form and go on a long winning streak, a bit like Norwich last season. There's also a chance we completely implode, a bit like Leeds two years ago and almost again last year.

But for Southampton to overtake us, I'd have thought both would have to happen, which to me seems unlikely. From our point of view, Albion don't look like a side living on borrowed time do they?

I agree that we look like a team who will be top six at the moment. The last two home games, whilst not being fantastic, have shown that we can win ugly. We probably wouldn't have won either of those games last season and now we are grinding out results as well as playing great football when allowed to.

It is great at the moment though with us top and the division's two "big clubs" Southampton and Wednesday struggling in the bottom half.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes, I take your point. There's a chance that Southampton suddenly hit form and go on a long winning streak, a bit like Norwich last season. There's also a chance we completely implode, a bit like Leeds two years ago and almost again last year.

But for Southampton to overtake us, I'd have thought both would have to happen, which to me seems unlikely. From our point of view, Albion don't look like a side living on borrowed time do they?

There are still 111 points to play for and were steadily improving under Adkins. We actually had the same record last year after the same amount of games and ended up 3 points off automatic promotion (if we didnt have have the -10 obviously). I'm boldly predicting Saints V Brighton in the play off final. Can you get a bet for that anywhere?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The really encouraging thing is we've found a way to win at home.

Our away form in recent years hasn't been bad, so we're well set.

We've also got a decent squad and being within a year of Falmer the Albion is an attractive place to come to on loan.

I can't see many of the players leaving a club on the up like us. Our fortunes this season may well depend on whether Gus stays or goes. No doubt the manager merry-go-round will start apace shortly.

On that subject, I'd advise people to laugh at Leeds at their peril. They are the club most likely to come knocking for Gus, and one of the few clubs outside the Prem I think he'd leave us for, so I'm hoping they have a good season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I couldn't give a monkeys about us being 1st after 9 games (I can remember us going 10 matches unbeaten at the start of one season in the 90s and still doing sod all), or after 20 for that matter... it is where we are after 46 that really matters.

You couldn't give a monkeys about being top after 9 games!? Really? Forget who might be there at the end, but being top walking to the ground for the next game is a great feeling. Live in the moment, it's bloody brilliant we are top, enjoy it while it lasts!!!:thumbsup:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
There are still 111 points to play for and were steadily improving under Adkins. We actually had the same record last year after the same amount of games and ended up 3 points off automatic promotion (if we didnt have have the -10 obviously). I'm boldly predicting Saints V Brighton in the play off final. Can you get a bet for that anywhere?

Saints will come runners up behind Peterborough. I can't beleive your not more confident with your squad?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They've got 35 games to make up 11 points. Nothing spectacular has to happen on either side for that to happen.

If we had demonstrated a more ruthless streak in front of goal, I'd have greater confidence in our ability to keep on going as we've started.

34 games to make up 9 points now.

Second comment still holds true too, obviously.

larus

33 games to make up 7 points now.

Still not ruthless in front of goal.

Agree with the sentiment. The first result I checked for today when the other games ended was the Southampton result. I can really see them going on a good solid run. They're still my favourites for the title.

However, 22 points from 11 is still excellent, so I don't understand the negative views of some on here.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
FWIW here is the current state of the betting market:

2/1 Brighton (Betfred)
11/4 Southampton (Bet365)
5/1 Huddersfield (Most bookies)
11/1 Peterborough (Stan James)
20/1 Charlton (Ladbrokes)
20/1 Sheff Wed (Bet365)
25/1 Colchester (Hills)
40/1 and bigger the rest.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
31 games to make up 10 points now.

If we average 2 points a game, then they will need 72 points from 31 games - an average of 2.32. That's a huge average to keep up over that length of time. That's what we are doing now - averaging WWD every game until the end of the season just to catch us up.

Of course it can be done - but if we can keep 2 points a game from here on, we'll be on 96 and promoted already!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just opened a betfair account and laid Crawley at £50 and Brighton at £49.30.

These are huge bets by my standards and takes my betting layout to the season to £110. I got a £10 bonus for opening a Bet 365 account and could pick up a further £30 if my first betfair bet loses.

At the start of the season I bet;

£10 win double Brighton and Crawley at 12/1 and 15/1
50p Patent Brighton, Gillingham, Crawley
£1 win accumulator Man Utd, Leeds, Brighton and Gillingham

The remainder I bet on single match Brighton wins and got wiped out by that late Bournemouth equaliser at Withdean.

Unless I have messed up somewhere, I should be guaranteed to finish the season in profit and a Brighton Crawley double would be very nice indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here