Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League One title betting

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Our good start has left the bookies without a Scooby in this league.

Huddersfield, Southampton and us are all favourites with at least one firm, we are as low as 4-1 to win the title, as high as 6s. Peterborough are lower than us with quite a few firms as well, with Sheff Wed as low as 6s too.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
When Brighton were 16/1, I put a tenner on each way for Chelsea, Middlesboro, Brighton and Rotherham all to win their respective leagues. f***ing northerners.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When Brighton were 16/1, I put a tenner on each way for Chelsea, Middlesboro, Brighton and Rotherham all to win their respective leagues. f***ing northerners.
Indeed. Boro are now 13 points off the pace in the Championship.

That's double figures adrift from the leaders in their division after just nine games, despite being red hot contenders at the start of the season. Imagine that. :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What's with Bournemouth then? Just been nosing around one of their forums and they are absolutely falling over themselves with excitement at their current form, lots of talk along the lines of "is this the best Bournemouth side ever" and so on.

Success breeds success they say, and it certainly seems like a couple of wins have really kickstarted the optimism for both us and them: we feel like we're going to go out and do the job now, rather than just hoping.

What are Bournemouth's odds?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I did Middlesboro in my yankee with Man City, Huddersfield and Rotherham despite my backing them last year and being equally shite. :facepalm:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's with Bournemouth then? Just been nosing around one of their forums and they are absolutely falling over themselves with excitement at their current form, lots of talk along the lines of "is this the best Bournemouth side ever" and so on.

Really? Better than when they had McDougall and Boyer scoring goals for fun?

Mind you, I bet they were long odds before the start of the season so if a few of them had gone large on them winning, it's no wonder they're excited

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bournemouth are 22/1 apparently. People on their forum are saying those are tight odds based on their lack of resources, but their league position would suggest otherwise.

Far smaller teams than Bournemouth have been promoted from this division, but I guess we'll see after Christmas.

Must be great being a Southampton fan. If it wasn't bad enough seeing Pompey climb out of the relegation places and Reading join the championship promotion race, they now look up to Brighton and Bournemouth LORDING IT over them in their own division, while they sit a point above the relegation zone. Too funny. :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not going to get too excited about the current Southampton v Albion positions since he who laughs last laughs longest, and I would still favour them to finish above us.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Must be great being a Southampton fan. If it wasn't bad enough seeing Pompey climb out of the relegation places and Reading join the championship promotion race, they now look up to Brighton and Bournemouth LORDING IT over them in their own division, while they sit a point above the relegation zone. Too funny. :lolol:

Better still a Southampton fan who backed them at 9/4 at the start of the season :lolol:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I'm not going to get too excited about the current Southampton v Albion positions since he who laughs last laughs longest, and I would still favour them to finish above us.

Totally agree.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, I take your point. There's a chance that Southampton suddenly hit form and go on a long winning streak, a bit like Norwich last season. There's also a chance we completely implode, a bit like Leeds two years ago and almost again last year.

But for Southampton to overtake us, I'd have thought both would have to happen, which to me seems unlikely. From our point of view, Albion don't look like a side living on borrowed time do they?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I couldn't give a monkeys about us being 1st after 9 games (I can remember us going 10 matches unbeaten at the start of one season in the 90s and still doing sod all), or after 20 for that matter... it is where we are after 46 that really matters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, I take your point. There's a chance that Southampton suddenly hit form and go on a long winning streak, a bit like Norwich last season. There's also a chance we completely implode, a bit like Leeds two years ago and almost again last year.

But for Southampton to overtake us, I'd have thought both would have to happen, which to me seems unlikely. From our point of view, Albion don't look like a side living on borrowed time do they?

They've got 35 games to make up 11 points. Nothing spectacular has to happen on either side for that to happen.

If we had demonstrated a more ruthless streak in front of goal, I'd have greater confidence in our ability to keep on going as we've started.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I couldn't give a monkeys about us being 1st after 9 games (I can remember us going 10 matches unbeaten at the start of one season in the 90s and still doing sod all), or after 20 for that matter... it is where we are after 46 that really matters.

However, better this start than last season - and this start will contribute to a good position at the end - so worth giving a monkeys just a little bit??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I feel Southampton will soon fire their way up the table (they've got 3 forwards out right now), but I also have confidence that we'll maintain play-off form at worst.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
They've got 35 games to make up 11 points. Nothing spectacular has to happen on either side for that to happen.

If we had demonstrated a more ruthless streak in front of goal, I'd have greater confidence in our ability to keep on going as we've started.

and I am sure that ruthless Peterboro have plenty of fans wishing they could grind out a few more 1-0 wins.

Agreed it is too early to call, otherwise my £10 win double on Brighton and Crawley at the start of the season, would be burning a hole in my pocket right now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really? Better than when they had McDougall and Boyer scoring goals for fun?

Mind you, I bet they were long odds before the start of the season so if a few of them had gone large on them winning, it's no wonder they're excited

Go and check out their Rivals site, they really are that excited :)

Possibly just on a high from a good result last night and the ongoing exceeding of expectations, but they are enjoying themselves.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007

Curiouser and curiouser............how the hell can you not give a monkeys?
We're top ffs, but s'pose you're one of the doom merchants who moan about anything on here, waiting for us to slip up.
Glad I got 14/1 to win the league.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'm on us at 12s, Port Vale at 14s, Man City at 9/2 (and the last placed team in the C'ship at 14s) in a quid e/w yankee (total 22 quid). Three out of four would be good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here