Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League One clubs are hopeless

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Baz seems to have an exceptionally stupid agent. I bet the bloke the Gills are after is Jabo Ibere, freed by Orient and once a targer for us, could do a job ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not one of them seem able to offer Bas what he's worth and now even league two clubs are acting all weird and uninterested - surely Leeds will soon see his true value. It can't be just him and his agent surley

Rivals - News - NewsArticle - Gillingham News Article

Pray tell, what exactly do you think Savage is worth, bearing in mind you have no idea what has and hasn't been offered to him. From my point of view, he had an element of entertainment about him but the Albion are a better team with the front two they have now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I blame The Large One and his T-Shirts. :jester:

I do feel a bit sorry for him. Either he was badly misguided by his agent or he genuinely felt that he was worth a lot more than was offered. He had a niche here and was guaranteed 12 to 18 months paid work. We were both losers at the time and his departure was one of a number of reasons we missed out on a potential playoff sport, but it has worked out well for us in the long run, but not for old Bas.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I was a big fan of Bas. Yep firstly I'll admit, he was entertaing with the celebration and everything, but then whats wrong with that!!!!

I also felt he contributed well on the pitch, scored goals and had a great partnership with Forster forming. I realise its quite a contrasting view to others tho, my friends I see the Albion with were always winding me up about it!!! Except at full time at Harlepool lol

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know Bas did some useful things, but he hardly set the League alight last season. 3 goals for us and 2 for Millwall in the league. Sadly, he believed his own publicity and ended up shooting himself in the foot.

Nothing wrong with the celebration - just didn't see it often enough!

He didn't have a great partnership forming with Forster. Forster was great and Bas was there with him.

Absence make the heart grow fonder - he was OK last season and nothing more. There are loads of out of contract players so why should the League clubs be beating them out of the way to get to Bas?

BTW - SB005? SB = BS = Bas Savage perchance?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bas is not a Championship player. We need to be looking to bring in players that are able to play at that level.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I see Byfield has been released by Bristol City. He was the top scorer last season (with a mere eight goals) but even so you have to wonder why they've let him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here