Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] League Cup Round 2 draw

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Somehow there are 47 mins of highlights here:

Scorers were:
1723672344333.png

Lots of media coverage before this one as people were expecting an upset. We were relegated at the end of the season, so you can see why.

That said it was an enjoyable match.
Tony Towner played for Crawley.
RIP Bernie Gallacher.

We went out to Bolton away in the next round - not that we could see much of the pitch.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Always had a bit of a soft spot for Crawley as my brother lives ten minutes away from the Broadfield Stadium
I used to walk past that stadium every day on my walk to school.

Actually, I didn’t as it was 1982 and it wasn’t even thought of.

I did once score a goal for New Town Rangers on the pitch where the stadium was actually built though.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
What a brilliant draw!

Always had a bit of a soft spot for Crawley as my brother lives ten minutes away from the Broadfield Stadium and I always pop along to a game every season - usually in January when the pubs are quiet. Delighted for their fans - bet they won't sleep tonight now through excitement! (y)

Should be 15-20,000 there at a guess and a great atmosphere! 🙂
Only 20k why? We have far more chance of winning the Carabao Cup than the league. Im sure we can do better than that!

also...
Will tickets be reduced? Possibly

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Scorers were:
View attachment 187137
Lots of media coverage before this one as people were expecting an upset. We were relegated at the end of the season, so you can see why.

RIP Bernie Gallacher.

We went out to Bolton away in the next round - not that we could see much of the pitch.

91/92 - the season of discontent as bond schemes were introduced by greedy chairmen up and down the country to pay for all-seater stadiums, severely p*ss*ng off fans, especially West Ham, who protested every home game with pitch invasions.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Did quite a few palace come down in 92 with Crawley ?
Chelsea mostly from what I can remember. Little bit tasty down Churchill Square post match.

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Did quite a few palace come down in 92 with Crawley ?
No ,mostly Chelsea ,West Ham ,Tottenham and a few Crawley fans .I expect a few Palace also came along too .
Every football lad in Crawley turned out for this and was up for a row , Brighton old bill panicking when a few thousand got of the train at Hove asking where they could find the Brighton mob .Heard it got a little lively in West street after ,but not as bad as it could have git considering the times back then.
How many tickets will Crawley get for this one ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Will Crawley fans see this as a derby? I've literally never met one so I have no idea how they feel about us. Can't imagine they'll turn up mob handed but it would be funny 😂
It's the only 'derby' we've got really. It will feel quite strange. I mean, they are a Sussex team and it's always Sussex first for me. Yet they are in another dimension. It's like being introduced to a family member you've never met. I like to see them doing well. At one stage, I think in 2014/15, it looked like both teams could be ending up in the same league.

mile oak

May 21, 2023

Scorers were:
View attachment 187137

RIP Bernie Gallacher.

Seems to have edited out the crowd trouble and police horses etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here