Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup draw... Boston United at home...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Easy 10 said:
Well I don't think I'll be shelling out the thick end of £25 for this game. We'll be lucky to get 2,000 if they don't drop the price.

With the kids still on school holiday they have a good opportunity to encourage loads to come with cheap family tickets after all 2000 extra fans at say a fiver has got to be better than 0 at full price

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
It was the League Cup, we beat them 3-1 aet. Only went to it because Ben Roberts tried to dribble past two strikers.

LDV Vans Trophy (Associate Members), Tuesday 4th November 2003 @ 19:45; Withdean Stadium

Chris McPhee spared Brighton's blushes against third division strugglers Boston in Mark McGhee's first home match in charge.

The young striker scored twice in the first period of extra time to send the Seagulls through to the southern section quarter-finals of the LDV Vans Trophy on the silver goal rule.

McPhee put Brighton back in front on 93 minutes with a shot in of the post.

He ensured only 15 minutes of extra-time were required by scoring again from the penalty spot on 105 minutes after Nathan Jones had been brought down by Lee Beavers.

Richard Carpenter had put Brighton ahead on 23 minutes with a deflected shot, his first of the season.

Boston were rewarded for a brave second-half fightback on 81 minutes when Brighton keeper Ben Roberts was dispossessed by Paul Ellender for Peter Duffield to slot into the empty net.

Attendance

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Agreed, I think the club really have to look at this for next season. Lets face it we'd all rather see a full ground than half empty even if that meant giving tickets away to school kids and one free adult. They will want a drink, burger and a match programme and some will come back for life. The club should allocate a stand for this if needed.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
BHA Jordan -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by East Staffs Gull said:
How come Notts County are in the southern half of the draw and Forest are in the northern half?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't you know that the trent is the border line?

But isn't Forest's ground South of the Trent and County's North? ???

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
sully said:
and isn't leicester further south than nottingham and they are in the northern half

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The reality of relegation bites

Hmmm this tie is so mouthwatering I shall not be bothering unless its a £10 entrance fee.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
saltash seagull said:
and isn't leicester further south than nottingham and they are in the northern half

I certainly didn't pass Nottingham on my way to Leicester last weekend.

Bizarre random split by the looks of it. I wonder if it's explained anywhere.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Boston isn't south of the River Trent though, Boston is in Linclonshire.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
sully said:

I can confirm this, drove past both this morning, and they remain on their traditional sides of the river. County play in the City, and he City Ground is in the County.

And Boston is a shithole, but would have preferred an away draw so that I could witness our early exit.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Yeah, we are! This is the LEAGUE CUP, and we are playing a bottom division side. In my experience, that spells certain defeat:D

I suppose you're right... I just don't know why... we should be putting big efforts into our cup campaigns... another source of revenue we can ill-afford to lose...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here