Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup Draw (16/06) who do we want?

D

Deleted member 18477

I really hope Gus takes ALL cup competitions seriously this year.....

Any anyone who suggests it affects league form deserves a hammer around their head!

Man U - Semis and Won league
Stoke - finalist and higest league finish in a generation
Man C - Winners and 3rd in premiership
BHA - Further in cup for generation and won league (easily)
Crawley - Went 6 rounds further than should have and won league (very very easily)

agreed. unless you get a load of injuries and do a birmingham! pretty rare for that to happen though.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
So we have to battle our way to the 4th round for the the away trip to the Emirates ?

If they run the competition as was done last season, Arsenal will come in at the third round.

The complicated bit, which i don't understand, is how they decide which 6 Premier League teams get byes to the first round. I assume the 4 Champions League teams, but there are usually more than 3 teams in the Europa League.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
stevenage away

So we have to battle our way to the 4th round for the the away trip to the Emirates ?

:wozza:

Strings, you should have made it clearer!

No club is ever, EVER exempt to the last 16 of any competition.

Mind you, this didn't help
The complicated bit, which i don't understand, is how they decide which 6 Premier League teams get byes to the first round.

Last edited:

camputer6.jpg
No - he was responding to my comment about wanting an Away day in Wolves' three-sided stadium.
But that's not the photo you first posted, is it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's really shit seeing that stand at Wolves come down. It stood out as one of the best modern away ends for view and atmosphere. The best part, though, was that there was a bar downstairs and upstairs, but hardly anyone knew about the upstairs one and I remember having it almost to myself once when the other was packed.

It's really shit seeing that stand at Wolves come down. It stood out as one of the best modern away ends for view and atmosphere. The best part, though, was that there was a bar downstairs and upstairs, but hardly anyone knew about the upstairs one and I remember having it almost to myself once when the other was packed.
And it's not many years old, either. That this is happening is proof that there's something seriously wrong with the economics of football. If admission prices returned to a reasonable level then I'm sure such a redevelopment would not be financially viable.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Crawley or Wimbledon away BUT PALARSE IN THE FINAL ALBION WINNING 6-0 !!!
Sorry got all excited then !!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Crawley at home would disturb the peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here