Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

league champions at walsall

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No chance will we be crowned as Champions at Walsall. Will need to win every single game until then pretty much.

Current form, over the whole season, we would be 11 points clear of second place, going into the game at Walsall. So we could be 14 points clear at the end of the game with 4 to play. :)

Obviously those calculations are not set in stone.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you are champions then you lift the trophy at your last home game of the season...So, for example even if we won it on this Saturday at home to Tranmere (yes, I know it is impossible) then we would still have to wait until the Huddersfield game before we are presented with the trophy. The only way this would change is if we go into the last game of the season with the destination of the title still undecided, in our case Notts County away and if we were to then clinch it they would lift the cup at Meadow Lane...

I hope that clears that up.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

How would the last game scenario work if two teams not playing each other could become Champions on the last game of the season? Do they have two cups available?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How would the last game scenario work if two teams not playing each other could become Champions on the last game of the season? Do they have two cups available?

I'm sure this happened a few seasons ago. I seem to remember that the trophy was placed upon a helicopter midway between the two games. Come to think of it, it may have been the championship trophy.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

I would imagine that there would be a 'replica'. The 'real' trophy would be at the venue where the team most likely to win it are playing the and the replica(s) for any other teams still in contention.

I doubt very much that, has been mentioned, they would bother with a helicopter just for the League 1 trophy. I do believe they use this method in Scotland and only then for the destination of the SPL title so it only ever needs to travel between Glasgow and whoever Celtic or Rangers are away to on the last day of the season.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The administrator at Plymouth has just told Talksport that the finances are worse than expected and unless they get a a buyer by this time next week they will fold.
That would mean Southampton gaining six points on us Peterborough 3 and Huddersfiled 3.
Will this have any impact on your prediction of when we will be champions.
I think this would put added pressure on us and give a lift to clubs like Southampton and Peterborough.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The administrator at Plymouth has just told Talksport that the finances are worse than expected and unless they get a a buyer by this time next week they will fold.

We've heard that before. I reckon someone is going to get a peach of a deal. Plymouth do have potential if they are handled properly. Guilfoyle managed to con someone into buying Crystal Palace, so Plymouth should be a piece of cake.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It was the same administator at Palace I know, but he did say he was confident of keeping them going until the end of the season because he had a transfer window to get money to carry on. But Plymouth do not have this kind of fund raising available to them.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
lets just hope we win the league first.... i hate counting chickens, especially when they haven't even hatched!!!

But i do agree, parading the honors in front of Adkins would be special..

Lets sting the bees tomorrow, i'll be there Albiooooooooooooooooooon, Albioooooooooooooooooooon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here