Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Leeds
Southend
MK Dons
Yeovil
Doncaster

and then Hartlepool and Carlisle if possible. all the others ive either done or dont wanna do.

(all away of course as home is shit)

edit - why do Leeds and Bournemouth have some form of rivalry ?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
jolsonhammond said:
Playoffs? ???

Champions surely.

:clap:

Precisely. Get on it and get on it LARGELY. Or something like that.

Uncle Trufflehound - the bookies' favourite.

(You HAVE been charged for this information. It just won't appear on your credit card statement until I'm safely in the Caribbean.)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Only if they have a Sussex post code I expect. Anyhow we will sell out and there will be plenty of Leeds in the home end, as there always are away fans in with us when the away end has sold out. Not something that happened last year though. Plenty of exiled Leeds fans in Sussex I reckon.

Well not exactly. I had a couple Sunderland fans sat next to me a few years ago who had the tickets delieverd to their home address up there.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Southend
Borient (best game this season)
Dirty Leeds
Tranmere
Millwall

Apr 29, 2007
Leeds
Zesh Rehman said:
Leeds
Southend
MK Dons
Yeovil
Doncaster

and then Hartlepool and Carlisle if possible. all the others ive either done or dont wanna do.

Being unbiased ill give you the Bournemouth view of things

The decision to forbid Bank Holiday fixtures came after the infamous Leeds match in May 1990. In what the Official Leeds United site still disgracefully calls "Unruly celebrations" over Leeds' victory and their subsequent promotion, was in fact a full blown riot leaving double-decker buses overturned, tourists attacked, women indecently assaulted, over 100 people arrested, 30 fans and police hospitalized and £40,000 worth of criminal damage

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Zesh Rehman said:
Leeds
Southend
MK Dons
Yeovil
Doncaster

Its not rivalry Sam, just history. Leeds trasjhed the whole of Bournemouth seafront one Bank Holiday in the bad old days.

For a long time afterwards the league worked all the fixture lists so that no clubs in resort towns had home games on Bank holidays.

For some reason WhiteRose seems to think they have unfinished business there.

Apr 29, 2007
Leeds
hans kraay fan club said:
Its not rivalry Sam, just history. Leeds trasjhed the whole of Bournemouth seafront one Bank Holiday in the bad old days.

For a long time afterwards the league worked all the fixture lists so that no clubs in resort towns had home games on Bank holidays.

I have never once said that :nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Zesh Rehman said:

Not a rivalry as such, but there was an episode- I'd guess about 1989- when Leeds went to Bournemouth on the last day of the season (a bank holiday weekend too) needing a win.

I think they did win, but loads of their fans went on the rampage and trashed Bournemouth. I remember the footage of loads of Leeds morons being chased by police across the park around the old Dean Court.

For years afterwards, seaside clubs, including us, weren't allowed to play home games on bank holidays because of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
League1Champions said:
I have never once said that :nono:

I quote from your thread starter;

Which games are you looking forward to most?

Top 5 in no particular order

Bournemouth away
Huddersfield away
Brighton away
Millwall away
Forest away if they stay down.

Care to explain the reasoning behind your list, then?

Got an Aunt in Bournemouth?
Old friends in Holburn you want to meet up with?

Apr 29, 2007
Leeds
They hate us so it will be a good atmosphere and a tense day.

Whats the problem with that?

Theres a big difference between looking forward to a match with a bit of needle and having "unfinished business"

Adding to that Bournemouth away in 1990 was my first ever away game out of Yorkshire, we won the league that day, great memories.

Lee Chapman :bowdown:

He beats his wife but we dont care!:lolol:

Last edited:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
My top 5 will be decided once i know when certain games are, for example if we are away on my birthday weekend then that might be a game i will be looking forward to

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

oh i see, typical Leeds, cheers Simon :thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I quote from your thread starter;

Which games are you looking forward to most?

Top 5 in no particular order

Bournemouth away
Huddersfield away
Brighton away
Millwall away
Forest away if they stay down.

Care to explain the reasoning behind your list, then?

Got an Aunt in Bournemouth?
Old friends in Holburn you want to meet up with?

But then you could say "Why Forest" or "Why Huddersfield" or even "Why Brighton".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Da Man Clay said:
But then you could say "Why Forest" or "Why Huddersfield" or even "Why Brighton".

Yes I could.

Forest are known to be a bit tasty, so he'll no doubt get the 'needle' he enjoys.

Hudderfield are local rivals, who they haven't played for a long time = 'needle'.

Brighton is only on his list because he's on our site.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes I could.

Forest are known to be a bit tasty, so he'll no doubt get the 'needle' he enjoys.

Hudderfield are local rivals, who they haven't played for a long time = 'needle'.

Brighton is only on his list because he's on our site.

Fair point. Didn't think there had been trouble at Forrest/Hudds for a long time though.

Football League rules: a level playing field?
The Football League's rules are aimed at making clubs play fair, says Dave Acland. But Simon Wilson argues that clubs should manage their money better

Dave Acland & Simon Wilson, Accountancy Age, 11 Aug 2005

ADVERTISEMENTFootball League clubs are effectively members of a private club with membership rules. To preserve the integrity of the game, and ensure that no club gains an unfair advantage, the rule is pay your debts in full.

In return, you operate in a high profile league, with TV income at 100% gross margin and you may, if you are lucky, be able to sell your employees.

The definition of football creditors is primarily monies due to other clubs, monies due to the leagues/FA/PFA and players contracts. The league’s insolvency policy aims to ensure contracts are honoured in full, both in terms of arrears and future entitlements.

Certain unsecured creditors (notably HM Revenue & Customs) argue that this amounts to unfair preferential treatment. But is it really such an issue today? It is not that they object to football creditors per se; they object to any creditor enjoying priority that is not firmly established in legislation.

The fact is, most businesses that survive insolvency are obliged to meet the demands of key creditors who may attempt to obtain force majeure (or ransom?) payments in order to guarantee their continued support. Why are football creditors any different?

If clubs are well managed, but suffer unfortunate occurrences (player injuries, loss of key sponsor, relegation, etc), they should still be in a position to meet football creditors.

The Football League distributes TV monies centrally and simply witholds TV income until it is satisfied that debts will be paid in full. If the amount due to players is significantly higher than the short-term TV income entitlement, the accepted rescue procedure is the formation of a new company, with all employees’ rights and entitlements transferring under well-established Transfer of Undertakings Regulations.

Four years on from ITV Digital, most clubs have had ample opportunity to renegotiate player contracts to ensure they are in line with income. But footb all is mostly about winning, so there will always be those that enter into onerous contracts. The issue is how to make football clubs operate in a responsible manner.

Dave Acland is head of the football finance unit at Begbies Traynor

Relegation issue

In previous football club administrations, super creditor priority was a key factor in determining the ability to rescue the club.

So, as the new football season begins, should it be viewed as a barrier to rescuing a football club?For those football clubs in the lower leagues, the answer now is perhaps a resounding ‘no’.

They have understood that revenues are difficult to increase, can reduce very quickly and that overheads can take years to reduce, and have taken action to bring their overheads in line with revenues.

Nowadays, if a lower league club entered administration, its football creditors would be less likely to either dwarf other significant creditorsor make a rescue insurmountable.

Unfortunately, this can’t be said for many of the clubs chasing the dream of Premier League football or of breaking through into the upper echelon and securing the riches of European football.

For these clubs, ever increasing wage costs and transfer fees create liabilities so significant that the super creditor rule could make rescue impossible unless football creditors are willing to compromise.

Some sensible business practice is starting to materialise – for example, Southampton FC ensured contracts for its players included a wage cut upon relegation, having recognised that Premiership wages could not be sustained on Championship revenues.

Nevertheless, not all Premiership clubs have taken such action and were they to drop out of the Premiership, they may face financial distress and possibly administration.

Asking simply whether or not the super creditor rule should be retained misses the point, it is within a club’s control to cut its cloth according to its means.A club enters contracts with players willingly and it can decide not to overstretch itself by chasing the dream.

Unfortunately, club chairmen and managers know that such sound business advice is not what the majority of football fans want to hear.

Simon Wilson is a partner of Kroll’s corporate advisory and restructuring group

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Da Man Clay said:
Well not exactly. I had a couple Sunderland fans sat next to me a few years ago who had the tickets delieverd to their home address up there.

:thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here