Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Le Pen to visit the UK

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Minister Louis Farrakhan (sp) was not allowed to give a series of talks in this country because it was felt it would be incendiary. Le Pen must not be allowed here to incite racial hatred.

If he comes down south at all, please join me in welcoming him with a chorus of derision and disgust.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
UKIP good party the BNP not so good, since the Tories have been so shite and moved to the middle ground on may issues I have found myself without a party i particulary identify with.

I agree with all the parties on some points and this lack of one in particlular that i could support did lead me to look at the BNP but despite there claims to the other wise they are still the same old racist party. I don't know to much about the UKIP but from what I have heard they sound ok, i consider my self a British nationalist but dislike the idiotic racist views of the BNP maybe the UKIP is the way foward.

As for Le Penn could not care less if he comes here he is not quite the same as the BNP but near enough and like them or loathe them they have their views however reprehensible and are entitled to them.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
All partys have a place in polotics, extramist groups, monster raving looney etc.

They are all there as a way of venting your anger at a government that you feel may have let you down or you feel is ignoring you. France felt they weren't being listened to regarding immigration. As they have a two stage voting system they had the perfect opportunity to make a very clear statement to the government. A vote for Penn in the first round was a massive wake up call to their government. Then when it came to the crunch in the second round they voted for the sensible option. However, the government was left in no doubt as to the feelings of the people and it was a reminder that it is the voters that have the power.

We don't have the same voting system in this country and so a protest vote for the BNP because you feel (quite rightly) that immigration is a joke in this country is a far more dangerous thing.

Whilst I would never vote BNP myself as they are generally a bunch of close minded racists and I respect the right of someone who feels they need to make a point in voting for them to make a point. Just make sure that point doesn't go too far.

The other problem at the moment in this country is the pure lack of choice when it comes to voting. Since 'New' Labour it has been almost impossible to understand the difference between the conservatives and the Tories. I think it is high time the Lib Dems were given a decent crack of the whipe as they strick me as the most honest party out there at the moment. Maybe that is becasue they feel they have nothing to lose in being honest. What troubles me though is that Whislt Baker is the Lewes candidate I cannot for for them :(

Meade's_Ball said:
Minister Louis Farrakhan (sp) was not allowed to give a series of talks in this country because it was felt it would be incendiary. Le Pen must not be allowed here to incite racial hatred.

Well, indeed. Blacks who hate whites are banned (and/or vilified - Abu Hamza, for instance), but whites who hates blacks have a democratic right to be here (some argue).

:nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
fatbadger said:
Well, indeed. Blacks who hate whites are banned (and/or vilified - Abu Hamza, for instance), but whites who hates blacks have a democratic right to be here (some argue).

:nono:
Erm no. Blacks who hate whites and come here encouraging religious wars are banned where bigots who come here to campaign through the ballot box are entitled to do so.
I see nothing wrong with that.

Mr C said:
So if he's really that bad where is his support coming from then?

bin Laden is bad, very bad - but he has a rather large support, too. And Hitler had a rather large support. I could go on.

Arguably, it's because he is 'really that bad' that he has a large support - the more populist you are (i.e. the more popular you want to be), the more you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Simster said:
Erm no. Blacks who hate whites and come here encouraging religious wars are banned where bigots who come here to campaign through the ballot box are entitled to do so.

I am sure someone rather wittier and cleverer than me once said, 'you cannot tolerate intolerance.'

I don't give a f*** how someone promotes their bigotry.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:

Inciting racial hatred is a crime. Whether it be in a ballot or a mosque. Just because they go through the proper channels, doesn't mean that it's ok.

"You can't have Bin Laden running for Mayor of London!"
"But he filled in Form A63 and he's handed over his deposit."

I'm being slightly silly, of course.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Recipe for disaster;

The economy may be growing and unemployment low but relative poverty is increasing along with ghettoisation of certain areas

We have a Government that is out of touch with and willing to ignore a large section of society, no credible opposition and massive voter apathy

The gutter press and certain politicians and other sections of the media are either subtly or blatantly demonising Muslims, Arabs and Asylum Seekers

A general rise in crime and anti-social behaviour that is breeding even more paranoia within those who feel threatened or are in a minority in their area

The realisation of the very real threat of terrorism

A madman in The Whitehouse who uses the language of The Crusades and seems to believe he is on a mission from God (as did a certain Adolph Hitler)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
It is obvious that there is something seriously wrong with our immegration policy as asylum seekers make their way through the whole of Europe to get to us. Now if I were in fear of my life I don't think I'd be hand picking the hardest country to get to in order to save my life and look after my family. I'd look for the easiest route out.

Dr Schnell

Aug 20, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:

If he comes down south at all, please join me in welcoming him with a chorus of derision and disgust.

MB I couldn't agree more - let's keep that twat out of the UK

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
fatbadger said:
Silly, but entertaining. And right.
I'm not convinced. Freedom of speech should be protected so as long as Le Pen follows the laws of the land when campaigning then he is entitled to do so. One hopes that the electorate see through the bullshit and that they see better alternatives. I still cannot see how you can compare Le Pen with that Hook bloke who came over here expressing his abhorrant views and positively encouraging a race/religious war.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Le Pen and Abu both use the oratory consistent with their cultures. Their goal is not that different.
Personally, i find them both slightly ridiculous, but i fear Le Pen more. Hamza sounds like any number of lunatics you see walking the streets. That he has an audience is what the government can do something about.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Lammy said:
It is obvious that there is something seriously wrong with our immegration policy as asylum seekers make their way through the whole of Europe to get to us. Now if I were in fear of my life I don't think I'd be hand picking the hardest country to get to in order to save my life and look after my family. I'd look for the easiest route out.
Much as I would rather they didn't come, the fact that all these people make their way across the world to come here says something positive about our country. They come here because (1) we have a reputation for being a fair and free society, tolerant to a wide variety of races and cultures (unlike France, for example), (2) a fair number of them can speak English already (a surprisingly high number were well-educated, professional people in their own country), so why go to another country where they wouldn't be able to speak the lingo?, (3) A lot of the others are coming because they have family/friends already here.

OK there are quite a few who come here to disappear into the black economy or milk our benefits, but the majority are escaping genuine persecution and want to give something to our society - eg doctors, engineers, nurses - but cant while they wait for their application to be processed.

We do, however need to deal with the Abu Hamzas who preach hatred for the very system that supports them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
UKIP is full of people that believe we still have an empire and are a manufacturing powerhouse. The truth is Britain needs Europe more than Europe needs Britain as we have a huge trading relationship with other EU countries. The EU is corrupt, inefficient, bloated and flawed, but is the lesser of two evils when compared to going it alone

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
El Presidente said:
UKIP is full of people that believe we still have an empire and are a manufacturing powerhouse. The truth is Britain needs Europe more than Europe needs Britain as we have a huge trading relationship with other EU countries. The EU is corrupt, inefficient, bloated and flawed, but is the lesser of two evils when compared to going it alone

This is rubbish, reverse it all and you'd have the truth.

i'm voting UKIP.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here