Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC - you are an absolute DISGRACE

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
i totally agree easy it an absolut bloody discrace. if we eventualy get a yes i think these tin pot councilors should resigne.

Also if look on the LCD web site you can find the minutes of the meeting when they decided to allocate the extra money for the enquiry and at the same meeting they also agreed to increase their travel allowences.

Lewes District Councillors Are nothing but a bunch of money wasting C:censored: TS.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: LDC - you are an absolute DISGRACE

samparish said:
Well you can try, unfortunately that Act seems to have more holes in it than the NIMBY case against Falmer, so I'm sure LDC will find some way to weasel round it.
You will have no problem under the FoI Act, from gaining the info that you require.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Down to LDC constituents to work out how much of their money is being criminally wasted on this bollox and then:

a) Withhold that amount from any Council Tax owing to LDC
b) Report them to the audit Commission

Don't Get Mad, Get Even

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Everyone under LDC needs to get together Now and I mean Now.

Serious action needs to be taken against this council immediately because they are wasting money left, right and centre.

At the end of the day we all have to pay for this in the form of council tax increases that know one likes lets be honest.

The C's that agreed the funding should resign immediately from their positions at the council.

There needs to be a vote of no confidence from council tax payers under LDC.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Can someone put together a standard letter that we can all send or post.

Complaints
Please write to:

Complaints Unit Manager
Audit Policy and Appointments
Audit Commission
Wesward House, Lime Kiln Close
Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS34

Telephone: 0117 975 3131
Textphone: 020 7630 0421
Fax: 0117 979 0522

Email: complaints@audit-commission.gov.uk

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have already emailed and lobbied my local councillor and other LDC councillors.

The last amount I heard was £60,000 :angry:

Easy, please write to the Argus and put that case forward. The letters page is usually full of moaners and inaccurate letters. Let them see a good viewpoint for a change.

colinpants said:
Lewes District Councillors Are nothing but a bunch of money wasting C:censored: TS.
If I was a Lewes District resident who was OPPOSED to Falmer, I would still question the competence of the Council.

Why did they spend money on a planning consultant to prepare evidence about Shoreham Harbour (concluding that "this would represent a realistic alternative") and then forget to instruct their transport consultant to do any work at all on Shoreham Harbour?

That really is money wasted.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
I have already emailed and lobbied my local councillor and other LDC councillors.

The last amount I heard was £60,000 :angry:

Easy, please write to the Argus and put that case forward. The letters page is usually full of moaners and inaccurate letters. Let them see a good viewpoint for a change.
Cheers Yorkie, I'll look at drafting something up tomorrow and emailing it.

I've always hesitated at writing a letter of complaint to the local paper, as for some reason, it always feels just one step away from the pipe, slippers and buspass
:eek:

Annoyed, of Southwick. :jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Take the fight over the heads of the LDC councillors. Put the fuckers on the spot and make them justify their thoroughly vindictive stance to the people who have official capacity to beat the shit out of them. Which is the Audit Commission - whose job is to make sure that public i.e. YOUR money is not pissed up against the wall.

Don't Get Mad, Get Even.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Freedom of Information

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Much as I agree with all that has been written about LDC could it not be that the Inspector feels obliged to allow them to bring up this 'new evidence' for fear of them taking further legal action by stating that they were stopped from so doing and thus prevented from suficiently presenting their argument.

Last edited:

BensGrandad said:
Much as I agree with all that has been written about LDC could it not be that the Inspector feels obliged to allow them to bring up this 'new evidence' for fear of them taking further legal action by stating that they were stopped from so doing and thus prevented from suficiently presenting their argument.
Let's not confuse our targets.

The row about new evidence was all about the behaviour of the Toads Hole Valley representatives, not Lewes District Council.

As a resident of Lewes District, my objection to LDC's activities was mainly that they were spending council tax payers' money on investigating sites that are the responsibility of other local authorities.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
The District Auditor (Audit Commission man who has responsibility for the audit) for Lewes DC is Mr Darren Wells.

The complaints address above is to be used if you have a complaint against the Audit Commission.

Suspicious activity should be reported to:

Chief Executive
Audit Commission
1st Floor, Millbank Tower,
Millbank, London SW1P 4HQ

The best way is probably to write to Mr Darren Wells direct. At the moment I can't find a direct address for him, but if you write to him c/o Audit Commission, Lewes DC it should find it's way to him, or c/o the AC Bristol address above (this might be best).

Hundred of letters will probably annoy him (I'd imagine). DAs have a lot to do.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here