Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ldc Meeting

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Hatterlovesbrighton
The thing that confuses me is

"But they refused our reasonable request to guarantee that all of the other points in the challenge will be dealt with by the Government when it reconsiders the decision. "

Isn't that exactly what the Government did say they would do?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes.

Does the script writer for Yes Minister work for LDC?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What a life! :(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:

Ruth Kelly wrote back to Lewes. Now we don't know the contents of that letter (Lewes won't tell anyone apart from their 'friends' - e.g. Falmer Parish Council), but as a result of this, Lewes intend to go to court anyway.

Why should this be? I would have thought that all correspondance to and from the government to any of the interested parties is evidence that any of them could and should be able to use.

As it is now LDC can use a letter to support their argument that nobody else has seen or heard of. I am sure that they would object strongly if the boot was on the other foot and either us or Brighton & Hove Council had witheld or used information contained in a letter from Ruth Kelly or JP.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
BensGrandad said:
Why should this be? I would have thought that all correspondance to and from the government to any of the interested parties is evidence that any of them could and should be able to use.

As it is now LDC can use a letter to support their argument that nobody else has seen or heard of. I am sure that they would object strongly if the boot was on the other foot and either us or Brighton & Hove Council had witheld or used information contained in a letter from Ruth Kelly or JP.

If they plan to use this letter as evidence in court don't they have to allow all parties access to it ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
When are the next elections to LDC, I think we should consider putting people up for election to get them out, let's call it democracy in action.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Gully said:
When are the next elections to LDC, I think we should consider putting people up for election to get them out, let's call it democracy in action.
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: Yer, lets call it the 'Seagulls Party':lolol: :lolol: :wave: :p

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You'd think he would read NSC though. :jester:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
adrian29uk said:
Sorry to be negative but I am getting real bad feelings about this. I think Falmer is over.
Why? There is absolutely no reason but come to that conclusion whatsoever. Unless, of course, you have taken on board Lewes' bullshit and swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Look, the government wholeheartedly disagrees with Lewes' challenge on 15 out of 16 points, and their position on the stadium has not changed. It was approved in line with government policy on urban regeneration. It offered Lewes the chance of keeping it out of court amicably, and they threw it back in their face. Lewes' position is HOPELESS. They just refuse to acknowledge it. Do you think that the government would spend tens of thousands of pounds defending its decision if it had received legal advice from the country's top experts that THEIR position was hopeless?

FACT OF THE DECADE: Lewes District Council are full of shit.

It's all going to be alright. Eventually. But it will be alright.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The LDC wil never win for one simple reason.

Their motives all along have been false and can be seen
through a mile off by anyone with an ounce of common.

That's aside from the undemocratic and seedy way they
have conducted themselves.

Nuff said.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Can there motives really be seen?. I can see it and so can every other supporter.

However ask a member of the general public about Falmer, they dont understand it.

We need leaflets, a positive campaign against Lewes District Council explaining to the local tax payers twhat money has been wasted and why lewes District Councils points are invalid because the general public do not understand.

If you show them a like for like comparison on what the money could be alternatively spent people will have something to relate to.

The more people understand in lamens terms the more they will be angry on the money being wasted.

Eventually LDC will need to back down due to public pressure in East Sussex Public pressure is the only way forward now.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
adrian29uk said:
Can there motives really be seen?. I can see it and so can every other supporter.

However ask a member of the general public about Falmer, they dont understand it.

We need leaflets, a positive campaign against Lewes District Council explaining to the local tax payers twhat money has been wasted and why lewes District Councils points are invalid because they dont understand.

The more people understand in lamens terms the more they will be angry on the money being wasted.

Eventually LDC will need to back down due to public pressure in East Sussex Public pressure is the only way forward now.
Back in December, 5,000 signatures from Lewes residents were obtained within ONE WEEK.

Believe me, Lewes residents know what is going on. Even people opposed to the stadium accept the government's decision and disapprove of LDC wasting people's money. Just because we don't hear about it, doesn't follow that a fair whack of Lewes residents are not up to speed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here