Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC - 'Grounds for Appeal' document & possible Scrutiny Review of their Decision

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At least it won't cost the taxpayers any money. It will get thrown out by the Judge at the first stage.

But who actually thought this load of CRAP up? That is the question I would be intrigued to know!

A life raft won't do him (it can't be a her it needs more imagination) any good as he was never on the boat to begin with!

CRAP = CARRYING RESENTMENT AGAINST PRESCOTT

PS: I think Lewes DC will withdraw it.

Or they might get do some proper legal advice and change the grounds if they are allowed to ?

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heffle Gull said:
According to todays Argus the Scrutiny committe will meet Thursday and may overturn the decision

Arguis Story

Well, not sure what a link to a story abnout Smoking Bans in Public Places has to do with anything but... a thumbsup down from the Scrutiny Committee would give LDC a way out of their ill-advised decision to call for a Judicial Review without losing too much face. Maybe they finally realised they've bitten off far more than they can chew. Fingers crossed, eh?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Well, not sure what a link to a story abnout Smoking Bans in Public Places has to do with anything but... a thumbsup down from the Scrutiny Committee would give LDC a way out of their ill-advised decision to call for a Judicial Review without losing too much face. Maybe they finally realised they've bitten off far more than they can chew. Fingers crossed, eh?

Unfortunately I think they are too pig ignorant and stubborn for that.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Assuming the Scrutiny Committee don't change anything, why is the JR not taking place until June? I thought LDC promised to seek an early hearing, and I assume the club and ODPM are of the same mind.....yet another season will pass with little certainty as to our long term future.....

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Lewesian Seagull said:
Scrutiny Committee

Angela Craven (Chair),Tory, Ditchling and Westmeston
Helen Livings,Tory, Peacehaven West
Judith Ost,Lib Dem Newhaven Valley
Marina Pepper,Lib Dem, East Saltdean & Telscombe Cliffs
John Webber,Lib Dem, Lewes Priory

I used to know John Webber's son when I lived in Lewes, and knowing what I know about him (John), I'd be very surprised if he was 'anti-stadium'.

Only 1 out of 5, I know, but it's a start...!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I just thank f*** theres no mention of the clearly blatent bribray & corruption issues that took place involving a large portion of a STEAK & KIDNEY PIE !!!!!!

PHEWWW think maybe we have got away with that one :ohmy:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Curious Orange said:
C: There will still be one field between the coach park and the dual-carriageway, so the gap isn't actually "closed".
If I read this right, that's not quite true. There is, however, a railway line between the coach park and the dual carriageway.

Curious Orange said:
O: Not sure about this one, don't know the details of this link road.
This is a clutching at straws number again. All of the A27 dual-carriageway giving access to Sussex University and the Falmer/Rottingdean interchange is in the AONB. Because Prescott didn't specifically mention Stanmer Park, they are assuming it is an oversight. I would say that the WHOLE application has been catered for in Prescott's letter. So when Prescott goes on about AONB, he means the whole area, including the access road.

Pathetic, isn't it?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Large One said:
If I read this right, that's not quite true. There is, however, a railway line between the coach park and the dual carriageway.

True. Let me revise my statement:

C: There will still be one field between the coach park and the railway, then a little gap to the f*cking great dual-carriageway, so the gap isn't actually "closed".

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here