Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC By-election!!!!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Lewesian Seagull said:
I don't think I'd be able to attend one council meeting without resorting to violence!:censored: :censored: :D

Perfect, not only will i nominate you but i'll also second you

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The convention, by the way, is for campaigning not to start until the day after the funeral of the councillor or MP who has died. So I wouldn't expect to hear ANYTHING from the leadership of the Seagulls Party for a little while.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Lewesian Seagull said:
My wife works for LDC.

No offence; but, your point being???

And TCOPB is quite right. Whether or not this gives us a very early opportunity to put forward a candidate we have to recognise that - if this is an opportunity - it has been caused by the untimely death of someone who:-

(a) put themselves up for public service; and

(b) from memory, was sympathetic to our cause.

There isn't widespread knowledge in Ringmer yet about this death (I spoke to my Mum there tonight who knows the people involved) so lets not get too gung-ho yet; eh?

We don't want the scum's first PR victory to be depicting us as gloating over the death of a Councillor. To be fair nobody has done that yet; but lets act with some restraint.

My condolences to John Fletcher's family and friends.
He was obviously a very popular local councillor. Out of eight candidates he got 22% of the vote. Will be a hard act to follow.

The councillor for the ward that I live in and a good servant of the people who elected him.

John Fletcher was a well-respected councillor, who served as an Independent on Ringmer Parish Council for many years. He was first elected to Lewes DC at the last elections in 2003. A nice guy as well - although not particularly a stadium supporter, he wasn't implicated in the District Council's campaign against it. I had quite a lot of dealings with him when I worked for ESCC and in other ways as well.

Screaming J - I think Lewesian Seagull's point is a very simple one. He's responding to Southover Street Seagull's question ("Where did you find out this information?") with the answer that Mrs Lewesian Seagull works for LDC.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Lord Bracknell said:
The councillor for the ward that I live in and a good servant of the people who elected him.

John Fletcher was a well-respected councillor, who served as an Independent on Ringmer Parish Council for many years. He was first elected to Lewes DC at the last elections in 2003. A nice guy as well - although not particularly a stadium supporter, he wasn't implicated in the District Council's campaign against it. I had quite a lot of dealings with him when I worked for ESCC and in other ways as well.

Screaming J - I think Lewesian Seagull's point is a very simple one. He's responding to Southover Street Seagull's question ("Where did you find out this information?") with the answer that Mrs Lewesian Seagull works for LDC.

Didn't he actually criticise the way in which the decision had been taken - from memory.

And thanks for the clarification: these threads can get a bit confusing at times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here