Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC 16 Points

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's not specifically the Falmer issue which appears to be upsetting the Lewes residents (to which there appears to be a certain level of ambivalence), nor even Lewes District Council's opposition to the stadium. It's the CONSEQUENCE of Lewes District Council's opposition to the stadium which is so concerning people - namely the tens of thousands of pounds they are prepared to waste to fighting it.

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The Large One said:
It's not specifically the Falmer issue which appears to be upsetting the Lewes residents (to which there appears to be a certain level of ambivalence), nor even Lewes District Council's opposition to the stadium. It's the CONSEQUENCE of Lewes District Council's opposition to the stadium which is so concerning people - namely the tens of thousands of pounds they are prepared to waste to fighting it.

But many see it as a few thousands pounds well spent if it saves the South Downs from creeping development and a beautiful village from being destroyed. That's the stance of Lewes DC and it's a very seductive one for many.
I'm sorry to be so negative but these claims that there is overwhelming support for the stadium at Falmer amongst Lewes Council residents have yet to be proved true.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gaffer said:
But many see it as a few thousands pounds well spent if it saves the South Downs from creeping development and a beautiful village from being destroyed. That's the stance of Lewes DC and it's a very seductive one for many.
Many, but not the majority.

Gaffer said:
Im sorry to be so negative but these claims (which I do not agree with) that there is overwhelming support for the stadium at Falmer amongst Lewes Council residents have yet to be proved true.
No-one has said that. The only statement that has been made is from that violent Lib Dem councillor David Neighbour, who claims a 5 to 1 majority of Lewes residents stating they don't want a stadium at Falmer. Of course, he has no evidence to back that up, and he is talking out of his arse.

Point is, there doesn't appear to be a clear mandate (For/Against/Indifferent) from any of these relative positions over the Falmer issue. There is, however, a very large groundswell of opinion about Lewes wasting council taxpayers' money, which is the point Seagull73 was alluding to.

Last edited:

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Stupid:censored: its been 7 od years and they are still delaying it. Doubting if the stadium will ever be built all we can do I wait for the first foundations to be built and leave the club to it. All this political rubbish is bollocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here