Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laws depature and its long term effects

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Now i'll admit i've not followed the political situation this last few weeks because of exams.

However on facebook i'm part of a group to lower the voting age to 16, (a seperate debate for nsc) and they posted this article

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment/opinion-former-index/legal-and-constitutional/comment-who-would-go-into-politics-now--$21378871.htm

Discuss.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I believe the voting age should be returned to twenty one.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That does somewhat ignore the issue that Laws broke the rules though. If you do that in any walk of life to the tune of £950 a month for the last few years you're likely to find yourself unemployed. Be it in the City or as an MP.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I don't understand that in the electoral debates, both the Tories and Lib Dems were saying that they were going to be tough on expenses / wastage etc, now that Laws has been exposed they're supporting him... is there something I'm missing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
utter garbage. why couldnt he have disclosed his living/private arrangements like anyone else? this is 2010 and he's still in the closet? no one cares about that anymore. but he chose to deceive instead, leaving himself open to potential exposure (in that its now embarrassing that he hid it not, the sexuality itself). the author talks of accountablity and integrity after defending deceit.

no wonder Southbank is lowest ranked university if thats the quality of their lecturers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
utter garbage. why couldnt he have disclosed his living/private arrangements like anyone else? this is 2010 and he's still in the closet? no one cares about that anymore. but he chose to deceive instead, leaving himself open to potential exposure (in that its now embarrassing that he hid it not, the sexuality itself). the author talks of accountablity and integrity after defending deceit.

no wonder Southbank is lowest ranked university if thats the quality of their lecturers.
You obviously haven't seen the retarded post regarding "poofs" from poidy on here then.

Plenty of ignorant homophobic simpletons amongst the electorate I'm afraid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still don't understand why snaffling this £950 a month rent through expenses somehow enabled him to keep his homosexuality under wraps. The guy is independently wealthy, he's a millionaire for christs sake. Surely it would've been straightforward enough to set up an account with a standing order to cover this bill, amongst others. WHY did it have to be claimed on expense ? Doesn't make any sense.

The article is nonsense and complete misses the point that he mucked up. It's nothing to do with his qualifications or ability to do the job, and entirely to do with the fact that he was taking advantage of the expenses system.

There are, I'm pretty sure, MPs that don't claim second home allowances (and didn't even before the ructions), so he seemingly could have done that if he didn't want his 'arrangement' to become public knowledge. I also think it's rather sad (in terms of an indictment of our society) that he felt unable to come out to his constituents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here