Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawro's Prediction

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whenever I have met him and that is on a number of occassions, he has always been complimentary of BHA and even displayed a shirt and pictures amongst his Liverpool and Ireland ones in his pub when he had it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This. The opposition have hardly ever managed to get the ball near our box this season.

Hartlepool have the worst goal scoring record in League One I believe and they managed an unmarked headed goal less than a week ago. Need any more examples? League One sides don;t get onto the end of these crosses very often, so we don't concede many goals that way - Prem sides might be more of a challenge.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Who are the Div 1 Stoke then? because I haven't seen many yet this season. Best parallels I could come up with were as follows;

Hartlepool - Physical yes, but way off the pace in terms of fitness and finesse
SCC - One tricky winger a load of big lumps, like to play at 100 MPH, so a Stoke who can't shoot straight (that's one then)

Elsewhere we get

QPR - All I read is wonder boy Moroccan in midfield all I see is hoofball, bloody awful crap Colin
Stevenage - For fitness alone.

bluestt

Feb 18, 2011
could he be any more patronising if he tried?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No they didn't.

They did score from 3 crosses into the box against us at their place though, from what I recall. Obviously, the first was a little bit different because it was a tap in from a yard out. But I seem to remember the two goals at the far end were headers from crosses.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2-0 seems a reasonable enough prediction.

I happen to think that the Albion have got at least one goal in us and the fact it's a cup tie and Gus won't want fixture congestion will mean we'll give it a right go. 2-1 to Stoke seems more likely than 2-0, although I could see 2-2.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can anyone explain the basis behind Lawro apparently hating us now?

This, he seems to go to great lengths not to mention it, the twat.

i dont he does hate us or avoid mentioning us. i dont recall him saying anything bad of us. its just he does like to mention his home town team and Liverpool a fair bit. you dont hear Shearer mention Southampton much, does that mean he has a probelms with them or does it just not come up?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
i dont he does hate us or avoid mentioning us. i dont recall him saying anything bad of us. its just he does like to mention his home town team and Liverpool a fair bit. you dont hear Shearer mention Southampton much, does that mean he has a probelms with them or does it just not come up?

Totally agree. Why do we always appear so needy. Many on this site seem to salivate over any mention of our name in the press......surely we are now past that level of insecurity?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This piece was so obviously ghost-written. He would NEVER have included the line "as a former Seagulls player"

...I almost fell of my chair when I got to that bit...people have said he is starting to look a bit like a tramp, maybe his mind is going too and he can't take care of himself, hence forgetting that he shouldn't admit any association with the Albion.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Totally agree. Why do we always appear so needy. Many on this site seem to salivate over any mention of our name in the press......surely we are now past that level of insecurity?

Seconded.
Stoke v Brighton is NOT an attractive enough game to be shown live.
The Football League Show DOES NOT have to big us up every week.
Lawrenson DOES NOT have to cream himself over every team he played for.
Get over it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does he ever mention his time at Tampa Bay Rodies, in Malta or as manager of either Peterborough or Chesham Utd. Give the man a break and I would suggest it is only a rumour that he is as 8ace says 'a gayer' himself.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
on talk sport the other day Andy Gray reckoned that we will win tomorrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here