Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawro's Prediction

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
From the BBC website.

Stoke City v Brighton (FA Cup fifth round)

In League One, Brighton are probably used to having the ball pumped into their penalty area and dealing with big opposition centre-halves getting forward. That is Stoke's approach too, but I still think the Potters will cause them all sorts of problems here.

Brighton have a completely different style - they play a lot of football and get the ball down well - but I just don't think Stoke will allow them to do that in this tie.

Stoke are in the same situation as Birmingham in that if they beat a lower division side they will be in the quarter-finals, and they need to revive their league form a little bit too because they have been too inconsistent recently.

A defeat wouldn't be the end of the world for Brighton because this is still a massive year for them - if they win promotion, they will start next season in a new stadium in the Championship. That means a lot to them and, as a former Seagulls player, it would be fantastic if they do go up and the timing would be perfect.

They can go out and enjoy themselves a the Britannia Stadium because nobody is expecting them to win and, whatever happens, they have had a decent run to get this far and earned a few quid too which is also important.

Prediction: 2-0

:amex::ascarf:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now that we are good he wants to associate himself with us again :lolol:

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
pretty spot on IMO, my prediction is a 2-1 loss, hoepfully celebrating taking the lead or equalising like Villa last year!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
yep, go large on under 2.5 goals at EVENS....both got good defences - i think it will be 1-0 - to who, i am not yet sure.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In League One, Brighton are probably used to having the ball pumped into their penalty area

Still manages to get a homophobic dig in I see...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Now that we are good he wants to associate himself with us again :lolol:

That's exactly what I was thinking. In fact I think it's about the first time he has admitted playing for us. ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Being in league One, Brighton will be used to..."

Just HOW many L1 matches do you suppose Lawrenson has watched this season, to form that educated opinion?

I'm going for NONE.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can anyone explain the basis behind Lawro apparently hating us now?

I understand he was peeved at us not selling him to Man Utd rather than Liverpool.. but surely he got over that quite soon!!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If they get an early goal I would plump for a 3-0.

If its 0-0 at half time though I would go for 1-0 to either side.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From the BBC website.

Stoke City v Brighton (FA Cup fifth round)

In League One, Brighton are probably used to having the ball pumped into their penalty area and dealing with big opposition centre-halves getting forward. That is Stoke's approach too, but I still think the Potters will cause them all sorts of problems here.

Brighton have a completely different style - they play a lot of football and get the ball down well - but I just don't think Stoke will allow them to do that in this tie.

Stoke are in the same situation as Birmingham in that if they beat a lower division side they will be in the quarter-finals, and they need to revive their league form a little bit too because they have been too inconsistent recently.

A defeat wouldn't be the end of the world for Brighton because this is still a massive year for them - if they win promotion, they will start next season in a new stadium in the Championship. That means a lot to them and, as a former Seagulls player, it would be fantastic if they do go up and the timing would be perfect.

They can go out and enjoy themselves a the Britannia Stadium because nobody is expecting them to win and, whatever happens, they have had a decent run to get this far and earned a few quid too which is also important.

Prediction: 2-0

:amex::ascarf:

This piece was so obviously ghost-written. He would NEVER have included the line "as a former Seagulls player"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here