Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawro's predicitons

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Phew... we've got a chance. Here's his prediction for the final match:

Arsenal have been going well - they have won their past four league games. It's all a bit late, really, but then they always seem to play well when the pressure is off them.

Seventh place will get them into Europe next season, in the new Europa Conference League, but they could win a fifth game in a row and still miss out if either Tottenham or Everton win as well.

As long as they do win, glorious failure wouldn't be the worst way for the Gunners to sign off for the season and the most important thing for them is to get the summer right in terms of recruitment. We wait with baited breath.

Brighton got a great result against City on Tuesday, and played really well in front of their fans.

The Seagulls have got a fifth consecutive season in the top flight to look forward to, and under Graham Potter they appear to be in very good shape.

Yes, they could do with scoring more goals but defensively they are really solid and that gives them a great platform to build on. They will need to keep hold of Ben White and Yves Bissouma this summer though.

Prediction: 2-0

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
To summarise, with one game to go, Mark Lawrenson has predicted the following for us this season: P37, W12 D9 L16 Pts 45 and 11th place. So he actually overestimated us. Thanks Mark.

But to delve a bit deeper - for his forecasted 12 victories, we won 1 of these matches. He only got 8 of the 16 defeats right, but was spot on with 6 of the 9 draws (good default prediction for us). 15 out of 37 is ... well, not the best.....

Still could have been West Brom forecast for 6 points all season, or Spurs who should be on track for third place with 84 points so far according to Lawro, dropping only 2 points in their last 14 games, or West Ham currently sitting below Brighton in Lawro's table. And he gets paid for this. Some jobs, eh!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Noel Gallagher has us down for a 3-0 win - based on how we played against City.

I will now reconsider my opinion of him :smile:

Seems City have plenty of fans who are much bigger cocks than him. He was very complimentary about us and he enjoys AFTV as much as us it seems

Noel's prediction: If Brighton play half as well as they did against us on Tuesday, and score first, they will win - because those Arsenal fans will be gagging to boo that team off the pitch. I'm going for Brighton to win easily, if only to make AFTV a must-watch the next day. 0-3

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Noel Gallagher has us down for a 3-0 win - based on how we played against City.

Wow, a City fan with an objective view of how we played, perhaps he isn't a massive cock after all...

He is BTW but I still can't help loving the old Oasis music

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh well…

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Lawro you massive weapon. He is also h8ge **** if that gets thrown the swear filter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We're going to score twice? In a single game? Unlikely.

And what did we do in our last home league match at home to…… now who was it…… not Manure but their neighbours?

But from his comments Lawro is more concerned at Burnley’s lack of activity than ours.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We all know the drill.

71% possession
23 shots to their 5
10 corners

1-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here