Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lawro reckons we are going backwards

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not surprisingly, lawro has us losing 2-0 tomorrow.

So go on us winning big time!

“ in that regard they have regressed a bit ( ..they have stopped taking opportunities now and not beating teams) to the way they were last season , when they did not score enough goals”

Can’t argue with that, but I can’t remember the last time he had us down for a win.

Got the score right and he’s spot on we’re going backwards. Either we don’t have the money for better than 15/16th or Potter isn’t as good as his press, or both.

Today’s pace-free backwards ball was excruciating at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Form … their’s is vastly superior.

Performances … great almost every week, once Viera got settled in. We rolled over for our usual tummy tickle from Guardiola, they beat the bloke. At Smellhurst we were shocking for almost the entire match.

3-3 draw at Burnley after leading twice, think we won there. 1-1 draw at home to Newcastle, same as us. Beat Man City, we get a point at Liverpool. Drew at home to Leicester, who we beat. Not really sure what your point is? They’re playing well, we’ve stuttered, but personally not sure 2 defeats in 10 games for us, 1 against City is actually panic stations Mr Mannering.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
3-3 draw at Burnley after leading twice, think we won there. 1-1 draw at home to Newcastle, same as us. Beat Man City, we get a point at Liverpool. Drew at home to Leicester, who we beat. Not really sure what your point is? They’re playing well, we’ve stuttered, but personally not sure 2 defeats in 10 games for us, 1 against City is actually panic stations Mr Mannering.

That’s a very selective stat. When did we last win???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
That’s a very selective stat. When did we last win???

I was responding to a post being selective. We’re 12 games in, we’ve won a 1/3rd of our games. Wasn’t going to be all plain sailing, football rarely is. Doesn’t take long for people to lose a bit of faith though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My point.

They’re playing well, with pace and power throughout the team, in far better form than us.

We haven’t won in months and in that time played shite at Smellhurst, Carrow Road and second half against Newcastle. Note the two teams up until then stinking out the entire EPL. We’ve gone toothless up front and vulnerable at the back.

Momentum in sport is everything, we’ve lost ours just now.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
My point.

They’re playing well, with pace and power throughout the team, in far better form than us.

We haven’t won in months and in that time played shite at Smellhurst, Carrow Road and second half against Newcastle. Note the two teams up until then stinking out the entire EPL. We’ve gone toothless up front and vulnerable at the back.

Momentum in sport is everything, we’ve lost ours just now.

To be fair, if we didn’t have a dip in form we’d be in the top 3! Newcastle have been parking the bus and getting draws 6 times already this season. We’re in a bit of a dip, but momentum can swing very quickly. Look at Arsenal, in great form then dismantled in the place we nearly won at.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair, if we didn’t have a dip in form we’d be in the top 3! Newcastle have been parking the bus and getting draws 6 times already this season. We’re in a bit of a dip, but momentum can swing very quickly. Look at Arsenal, in great form then dismantled in the place we nearly won at.

I was pleased to see Arsenal get found out tonight. Rode a lot of luck lately, including coming to the Amex simply intent on not conceding ….. a packed box from start to finish. The club of Bergkamp!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here