Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laura Robson about to win girls title at Wimbledon

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Calm down everyone the last English girl who won this was Annabel Croft who went no where bar 5 live.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Calm down everyone the last English girl who won this was Annabel Croft who went no where bar 5 live.

She went on to be ranked 21 in the world, but quit as did not like the stress and pressure on the tour at the age of 21.

Anyway, well done Robson, agree though that we should not get too carried way with this.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The lovely but ultimatley fragile tennis player that was Annabel Croft

annabelle_croft.jpg

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008

Incorrect, she featured in many of my wanks about 20 years ago

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
im glad im not the only one to find her slightly arousing to watch...............................what?? :)

the last one that was slightly wrong to look at was Frankie from S Club Juniors and she didnt quite fulfil her potential when she turned legal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly, you may be right.

What Britain DEMANDS is a constant supply of FAILED tennis stars.

I heard that Henman is still ranked 7th in England even though he doesnt play proper tennis now. Might be an urban myth but it still says a lot about how poor our tennis is as it is believable.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I heard that Henman is still ranked 7th in England even though he doesnt play proper tennis now. Might be an urban myth but it still says a lot about how poor our tennis is as it is believable.

No myth its true, 422 in the world as well, but this is only due to the fact that he still has points from last years USA and Wimbledon

thatguy

Jan 3, 2008
Resemblence? :glare:

Attachments

• ten1getty440.jpg
    ten1getty440.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 432
  • torres_readingvliverpool_25sept2007_2.jpg
    torres_readingvliverpool_25sept2007_2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 381

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
im glad im not the only one to find her slightly arousing to watch...............................what?? :)

the last one that was slightly wrong to look at was Frankie from S Club Juniors and she didnt quite fulfil her potential when she turned legal

She's now in the band called 'The Saturdays', who are supporting Girls Aloud.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can I point out she's not actually British? Her mum's Australian, her dad's Australian, various members of her family have represented Australia at different sports, Laura herself was born in Australia and has held a British passport for less than a year.

She's about as British as Zola Budd.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I don't think you will find many people calling for her to be sent back!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Can I point out she's not actually British? Her mum's Australian, her dad's Australian, various members of her family have represented Australia at different sports, Laura herself was born in Australia and has held a British passport for less than a year.

She's about as British as Zola Budd.

Not sure about those facts. What's the source for her father being Australian? Her Mum is Australian - so not surprising that she has Australian family doing sports.

She's lived in the UK as a full time resident from the age of 6 though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here