Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laughing

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Someone told me i was very hard to make laugh a few weeks ago and it got me thinking, im not a moody person and i do find things funny but never really show it, i feel just a little chuckle inside and a smile is enough. after thinking about it for a few weeks i seem to laugh out loud alot more if im reading somthing than if somthing than if i hear it?

Am i just a misrable sod most likely or is this the case for most people

Also whilst on the point of laughing people who constantly laugh at anything said and for no reason really annoy me" :angry::angry::angry: Once again is this me or does it get to everyone!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Someone told me i was very hard to make laugh a few weeks ago and it got me thinking, im not a moody person and i do find things funny but never really show it, i feel just a little chuckle inside and a smile is enough. after thinking about it for a few weeks i seem to laugh out loud alot more if im reading somthing than if somthing than if i hear it?

Am i just a misrable sod most likely or is this the case for most people

Also whilst on the point of laughing people who constantly laugh at anything said and for no reason really annoy me" :angry::angry::angry: Once again is this me or does it get to everyone!

I think the majority of people don't laugh out loud very much, you just tend to notice the ones that do. I tend not to laugh much either unless of course it's at someone's misfortune in which case you have to exagerate it

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I suppose there are a number of reasons why one could keep the hilarity of something silent. Sometimes you can find something amusing, but be jealous that someone said it so well, that it was a thought you sort of once had, but to claim it's secretly one of yours is an awful way to seem. The same as having your personal bag of FIXTURES to dish out from.
Sometimes there just seems to be too large a crowd to roar hysterically in front of, no matter how hilarious the utterance just was. You don't want others to really all that often know what you think whether it's positive or negative. You might prefer to remain in the background in those careless moments.
Sometimes someone might break wind in a crowded lift and it was the funniest, high-pitched squeaker you've ever heard and laughter erupts from you uncontrollably and seemingly guiltily, a confessive rodential squeal, when the doer himself stayed straight-faced and passive. Laughter gave you away and quiet would have been a greater tool.
It wouldn't make you a miseryguts not to laugh.
Do you analyse the noises those that do make?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The last time I was helpless with laughter I was on my own.

I was watching Harry Hills TV Burp. He did a skit on Emmerdale, when one of the characters was in prison, and Harry observed that the cell (from the camera angle above) looked just like a little box. He then had a mock-up model of this prison cell on his desk, and dropped a live hamster into it. It then cut to the jail cell they'd used to fillm the actual scene in Emmerdale, with a bloke running around in a hamster costume, chasing the Emmerdale character round the cell like a "giant hamster".

For some reason this just had me in bits. I was crying with laughter.
It felt nice.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I have to say last week's Mitchell and Webb had me more convulsed than i have been for a while. I had uncontrollable tears of laughter pouring out during both the "Boy with an arse for a face" sketch, and "Padlockigami in Welsh".

Mind you, the second bottle of wine may have had something to do with it... :down:

The dwarves dancing round Stonehenge in Spinal Tap is usually guaranteed to set me off as well. As is the "mirror scene" in Duck Soup.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jim Carrey climbing out of that rhinos arse in Ace Ventura II: When Nature Calls has me absolutely doubled-up every time. I think that is possibly the single funniest scene I have ever seen in any film, ever. When I saw it for the first time in the cinema, I was laughing so hard it was embarrassing, but I couldn't stop myself and was still laughing like a drain well into the next scene.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The last thing i can remeber laughing stupidly at was little miss sunshine right towards the end, up until that point i thought quite a slow average film turned it into one of the best for me it was a sunday evening so this probably helped but i was in stiches.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I have to say last week's Mitchell and Webb had me more convulsed than i have been for a while. I had uncontrollable tears of laughter pouring out during both the "Boy with an arse for a face" sketch, and "Padlockigami in Welsh".

The Boy with an arse for a face? Have they stolen yet another idea from someone else then? That's a South Park idea.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
profanisaurus always gets me, normally 2 or 3 per issue which makes me really laugh. if you can drop them into conversation as well it's ace, managed to get 'last hot dog in the tin' in the other day, plus notable points for 'it was like king kongs dick' and also the ' devils bagpipes' ...

i watched the film superbad the other day and that was pretty funny.

generally watching other people laugh makes me laugh - i love that youtube clip with the tv presenter laughing at the guy with the squeeky voice.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
The last time I really really laughed I was watching Bruce Almighty when the bloke was reading the news.
I also laughed loads when reading the Skint Community Stadium thread.

*gets coat and runs like hell*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The last time I was helpless with laughter I was on my own.

I was watching Harry Hills TV Burp. He did a skit on Emmerdale, when one of the characters was in prison, and Harry observed that the cell (from the camera angle above) looked just like a little box. He then had a mock-up model of this prison cell on his desk, and dropped a live hamster into it. It then cut to the jail cell they'd used to fillm the actual scene in Emmerdale, with a bloke running around in a hamster costume, chasing the Emmerdale character round the cell like a "giant hamster".

For some reason this just had me in bits. I was crying with laughter.
It felt nice.

Yes...Yes I remember that. I nearly wet myself at that

I find myself getting very sore sides watching Harry Hill's TV Burp.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Boy with an arse for a face? Have they stolen yet another idea from someone else then? That's a South Park idea.

South Park is American, so that would have been "The Boy with an Ass for a Face" - completely different, obviously.

[yt]zIh18gWikS8[/yt]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The last time I really really laughed I was watching Bruce Almighty when the bloke was reading the news.
I also laughed loads when reading the Skint Community Stadium thread.

*gets coat and runs like hell*

and then the outtakes at the end of the film showing everyone pissing themselves when he was doing that!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here