Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Season Ticket Availability

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Apparently we went through the 22k season ticket mark last week. Amazing to think we can shift this many tickets.

Apparently we went through the 22k season ticket mark last week. Amazing to think we can shift this many tickets.

Source?

Although, probably a credible statement if indeed ST's are now being offered in the South Stand.

I have just 'asked the club' if it's true ST's are being sold in the South, as if they are, this raises questions regarding what will happen to these STH's in the event of a home cup game where we have to give up 15% and also where the match by match seats will be.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Source?

Although, probably a credible statement if indeed ST's are now being offered in the South Stand.

I have just 'asked the club' if it's true ST's are being sold in the South, as if they are, this raises questions regarding what will happen to these STH's in the event of a home cup game where we have to give up 15% and also where the match by match seats will be.

As I understand it, away fans will normally be situated in the south end of the East Stand lower and in the South-East corner. The extra allocation for cup games will be the east half of the South Stand, which will normally be used for match-day tickets. Only seats in the west half of the South Stand can be sold as season tickets.

Let us know what they say tho as that could be wrong!

My understand is also that the southern 3rd of the east lower and the south east corner is away fans. I am guessing this will be about 2300 (maybe a few more), so similar to last term, but once we expand to 31000 we will be obliged to offer 15% in the cup games. If this allocation is taken up we need to offer 4600 seats. This nearly perfectly equates to the whole of the south stand, in addition the the SE corner and the third of the ESL.

Half the the south would only equate to about 3600, about 1000 less than our obligations.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My understand is also that the southern 3rd of the east lower and the south east corner is away fans. I am guessing this will be about 2300 (maybe a few more), so similar to last term, but once we expand to 31000 we will be obliged to offer 15% in the cup games. If this allocation is taken up we need to offer 4600 seats. This nearly perfectly equates to the whole of the south stand, in addition the the SE corner and the third of the ESL.

Half the the south would only equate to about 3600, about 1000 less than our obligations.

By my calculations, if you add together the three blocks of the East, the SE corner and all of the South it comes to about 5,200 seats - more than would be required (4,600). But you're right, when they expand again for the 2013/14 season they will need to find some extra seats for away fans. My guess is they are likely to be in the East rather than the South. But some STHs would almost certainly have to move.

I didn't realise it was that many. Actually, I didn't realise it was 3 blocks in the east. Maybe they are just going to sell circa 600 south stand tickets.

Also, I know for the Norwich v Leicester cup game, Norwich did not give Leicester 15% as they said it would cause too much fuss moving people, and they seemed to get away with it. Once next year's expansion is done (to 31k), I am sure 4000 ish for a 15% game would be deemed acceptable. Didn't we get 6000 at Anfield this year? If the rules were set in stone it should have been another 800.....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's a bit odd tho - I'd have thought the club would keep the extra allocation required for the following season for match-day tickets only to save having to ask a group of STHs to move. They're going to need to find an extra 500 seats.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There isn't a south stand upper... there will be a SW corner level 2 but not yet.

Did you get your tickets for the South Stand itself or the SW corner? I didn't think they were actually selling STs for the home section of the South Stand yet.

It is not an upper tier, it is an additional level being added. Going by http://wam.brighton-hove.gov.uk/PlanningWAM/doc/Drawing%28s%29-2021803.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=2021803&location=VOLUME3&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1, the extra 100 seats in Level 1 of the South stand is for Corporate boxes/hospitality...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My mate just, today, bought two together in a nice spot at the back of WSL towards the North end... bits of misinformation on here about sold out areas.

I reckon we're be doing well to match Palace for STH after our new American owner bumps the prices up.

It rather bizarre- I tried to buy tickets behing the south goal 2 weeks ago and was told these were only going to be available on a match by match basis because they would be given over to away fans for cup games- have you had to waive cup tickets?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It rather bizarre- I tried to buy tickets behing the south goal 2 weeks ago and was told these were only going to be available on a match by match basis because they would be given over to away fans for cup games- have you had to waive cup tickets?

WSL North will still be match by match so they will just get priority over those during the "buy your own seat" period of cup ticket sales probably.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
WSL North will still be match by match so they will just get priority over those during the "buy your own seat" period of cup ticket sales probably.
<br />
<br />
Are you sure? There are quite a few reports on here of people buying tickets in this area too

I asked specifically about wsl North last week and was told it was matchday sales only. I can only imagine that anyone getting tickets must be in the more central blocks on the North side.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Are you sure? There are quite a few reports on here of people buying tickets in this area too

I was told WSL was no longer match by match, it was any areas unsold and the south. West half of the south will be STH, then the Eastern half, match by match. Cup games will mean away fans can have the eastern half of south.

I was told WSL was no longer match by match, it was any areas unsold and the south. West half of the south will be STH, then the Eastern half, match by match. Cup games will mean away fans can have the eastern half of south.

This does seem more in keeping with what has recently been reported. If indeed all the available ST's are sold, there will be very few indeed for match by match sale. Half the south will be 1300 max and would it be right to assume that staff tickets and freebies (formerly ESL South end) will be taken from this too? If so, we may see as few as 600-700 on sale match by match.

Of course, as long as the exchange is in place, this will not be an issue as there could then be another 2000 + for each game.

Also, we will have the extra when the away team has poor support.

Can we assume if they bring 2500 they will have the ESL and SE corner?
If they bring under 1500 ish, then the SE corner can be offered to home supporters?
If they bring less than 600 ish, then the aways will be in the SE corner and the remainder of the ESL can be offered to home supporters?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My understanding is that, say if Leeds come they will have the whole SE corner and half the south stand.

That's why half the south stand is match by match. If its a cup match an they take the whole 15% they will be given part of the east stand as well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't realise it was that many. Actually, I didn't realise it was 3 blocks in the east. Maybe they are just going to sell circa 600 south stand tickets.

Also, I know for the Norwich v Leicester cup game, Norwich did not give Leicester 15% as they said it would cause too much fuss moving people, and they seemed to get away with it. Once next year's expansion is done (to 31k), I am sure 4000 ish for a 15% game would be deemed acceptable. Didn't we get 6000 at Anfield this year? If the rules were set in stone it should have been another 800.....

I am pretty certain it's only the last 2 blocks of the east one of which is a small one...then of course there will need to b a barrier created like they did in the south stand last year for the odd match....otherwise there would have been a heck of a lot more being asked to shift...in fact the more I think about it it can only b the last 2 blocks in the east because of the segragation area in the concourse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here