Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest on Forster from Ken Brown

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sounds like NF has a clause in his contract which entitles him to be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club if a new deal wasn't offered by the end of January.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I suppose it really depends on the divivsion we are in...El Abd for example would probably shine in the division below.

Also and Im taking a punt here but were we to be relegated we probably dont want Forster if he is allegedly a high earner in the division below?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Which basically means he could theoretically f*** off to Wycombe and score the goals that send us down.

Am I missing something here? Can someone tell me how or why the club allowed this scenario to arise? Don't club captain / top scorer / good role model mean ANYTHING to the management here?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Which basically means he could theoretically f*** off to Wycombe and score the goals that send us down.

Am I missing something here? Can someone tell me how or why the club allowed this scenario to arise? Don't club captain / top scorer / good role model mean ANYTHING to the management here?

No...he would transfer to the club when his contract runs out at the end of the season, not right now. I'm quite sure he can't do that without club permission anyway.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The bottom line is Forster will be facing disciplinary action if he has gone out and blatantly shit stirred with that statement. And the club are mad not to tie up another year for Forster as he certainly deserves it as he seems fitter this year than last.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This all sounds like posturing from Forster's agent to me. Why the f*** all this couldn't be done in private is beyond me though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sounds like NF has a clause in his contract which entitles him to be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club if a new deal wasn't offered by the end of January.

No, all players who arfe within 6 months of the end of their contracts are entitled to do this.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I refer back to the Kevin Mccloud comment a few days back!

:cry:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Let's look at both sets of quotes (as reported by the argus):

Nicky:
"It has been mutually agreed that I have been placed on the transfer list, due to the fact there is no contract in the offing.

"From a personal point of view it is with great regret that this outcome has been reached, as I have enjoyed my time with Brighton and would have liked nothing more than to extend my stay."

Ken Brown:
"Nicky's situation is that he is out of contract end of the season and was free from January to sign for another club if he so wished.

"That has not altered. He has not handed in a written transfer request to the best of my knowledge and if he did it would be totally pointless. We couldn't transfer him, because the transfer window has closed.

"We are a little bit bemused by it. The club has made no decision yet on the players out of contract. That is the manager's decision and he will advise the players as and when he sees fit."

If you read them carefully, you can see they don't actually contradict each other.

Nicky never said he had put in a transfer request, Ken brown says he hasn't given a hand written transfer request. (notice he specifies "hand written")

Nicky actually says he was placed on the list "due to the fact there is no contract in the offing." Ken has agreed: "The club has made no decision yet on the players out of contract. That is the manager's decision and he will advise the players as and when he sees fit."

Essentially, Nicky is saying he is taking the lack of contract offer (or even contract talks) as a sign he is not wanted by the club, and he is open to going to other clubs. Ken Brown is essentially saying "we haven't started offering contracts yet, and are waiting to hear from Gus who he wants" and is apparently ignoring El Abd's.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`m taking everything on board thats been said and i would like to add that I`ve had a smashng night tonight drinking lots of smashing beer

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Let's look at both sets of quotes (as reported by the argus):

Nicky:

Ken Brown:

If you read them carefully, you can see they don't actually contradict each other.

Nicky never said he had put in a transfer request, Ken brown says he hasn't given a hand written transfer request. (notice he specifies "hand written")

Nicky actually says he was placed on the list "due to the fact there is no contract in the offing." Ken has agreed: "The club has made no decision yet on the players out of contract. That is the manager's decision and he will advise the players as and when he sees fit."

Essentially, Nicky is saying he is taking the lack of contract offer (or even contract talks) as a sign he is not wanted by the club, and he is open to going to other clubs. Ken Brown is essentially saying "we haven't started offering contracts yet, and are waiting to hear from Gus who he wants" and is apparently ignoring El Abd's.

Exactly the way I read it. It appears Forster thinks he deserves a contract, but hasn't had an offer yet.

None of us know what is in Poyet's plans, so it's a bit difficult to comment to be honest.

However, I would have thought it would be prudent to offer him a year ?

Very odd.... First personality clash of Poyet's reign ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
does sound like someone is mischief making at the clubs expense and if it is someone at the Albion they should be sacked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here