Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest on Forster from Ken Brown

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Albion have denied Nicky Forster has been put on the transfer list by mutual consent and clarified the situation regarding his future at the club.

Managing director Ken Brown said: "Nicky's situation is that he is out of contract end of the season and was free from January to sign for another club if he so wished.

"That has not altered. He has not handed in a written transfer request to the best of my knowledge and if he did it would be totally pointless. We couldn't transfer him, because the transfer window has closed.

"We are a little bit bemused by it. The club has made no decision yet on the players out of contract. That is the manager's decision and he will advise the players as and when he sees fit."

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
does this not contradict what forster came out and said?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So confused. Nicky has said that he HAS given in a transfer request. So one of them is outright lying.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What on earth is going on? Ken Brown would know before anyone I would have thought? what he says makes more sense than what Forster said though tbh..

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Where did the Forster quote come from though, was it just the well known work of fiction known as the argus

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
only to an extent. there is no contract n the.table and he is free to go at the end of the season

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So in fact, Ken Brown is simply saying "We haven't held talks with Nicky yet."

So I think Nicky was a bit cheeky in making it sound like he WON'T be offered a contract, when Ken Brown is saying Brighton haven't got that far yet, either way.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well, whoever it is bullshitting, they should be marched out of the club and not allowed anywhere near the team again :fingerscrosseditstheArgus:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I stopped believing what I read in The Argus many moons ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everything about this club is so Micky Mouse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here