Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest job losses.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
JCB further 700 on top of the 800+ that went before christmas. Wincanton 1,100 and i believe Land of Leather have ceased trading ? :shrug:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Land of Leather have gone into administration with 20,000 orders on its books. Customers who have paid a deposit or in full with a credit card or Visa debit card will be ok for a refund. Deloittes , the administrator say there are about 10 serious inquiries to take over parts of the business or interest in the retail sites so some stores might be saved from the chop.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Deloittes are doing well this year.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Who would administer Deloittes if they went into administration?

PWC?

(lol)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
JCB further 700 on top of the 800+ that went before christmas. :shrug:

Bad news for Bob then :cry:
bob-the-builder-talking-scoop.jpg
41GA83DCWGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Land of Leather have gone into administration with 20,000 orders on its books. Customers who have paid a deposit or in full with a credit card or Visa debit card will be ok for a refund. Deloittes , the administrator say there are about 10 serious inquiries to take over parts of the business or interest in the retail sites so some stores might be saved from the chop.

This "firm" (and I use the term in it's loosest sense) regularly goes bust leaving a string of creditors, then starts up again by buying the old stock from the administrators and setting up again in the same stores under a different name, eg Leatherland, World of Leather etc.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
This "firm" (and I use the term in it's loosest sense) regularly goes bust leaving a string of creditors, then starts up again by buying the old stock from the administrators and setting up again in the same stores under a different name, eg Leatherland, World of Leather etc.

was just about to say I thought this was their second or third incarnation

Soon, I hope - I'm sick of getting their rubbish through my letterbox :laugh:

Just write "unsolicited mail - return to sender" on envelope and post back. They will have to pay again and again until they remove your address the mailing list. You can do it for all the junk mail you receive. I now only get one or two junk mails a quarter!

Plus it will keep a few postmen in jobs if everyone posts their junk mail back!

Just write "unsolicited mail - return to sender" on envelope and post back. They will have to pay again and again until they remove your address the mailing list. You can do it for all the junk mail you receive. I now only get one or two junk mails a quarter!

Would registering with the mail preference service cure the problem?
And a quick edit to follow yours, wouldn't that put posties out of work in the long run?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it be more effective to just put it into another envelope and send it back without a stamp thus incurring the standard £1 penalty plus postage, rather thn send it back in its original envelope by writing on it return to sender.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Best thing to do is save up all the junk mail, and every now and then you get some junk and it has a prepaid envelope in it, put as much of the other company's junk in the prepaid envelopes as you can, and send it back. :thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I believe that a certain Chief Exec of a nearby football club was so beloved by their fans that many would fill out forms for offers in with this esteems gent's details so that he would never miss out on any deals.

I'm sure he appreciated it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here