Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest from Pompey: Can anyone we owe money to please get in touch with us

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A mate of mine is a Southampton fan and sent me this, it's an open letter posted on their forum from a creditor and (ex) Pompey fan. This is PRECISELY why that club should do the decent thing and fold.

Well done. No time to compose anything, so I rehased an old favorite (I will put something together on the weekend):

Dear Pompey (whatever comany you are this 1/4er)

Your urgent request poped up on my RSS feed calling for CVA 2010 creditors to get in touch, so I felt obliged to contact you, although im not sure why really after the way PFC treats its local community, business partners and sponsors.

( http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/Latest...tors-3538.aspx )

So, you want me to confirm I am satisfied that the club I used to love ruined my life? How about a little background...

I would like to point out that I was a victim in the previous Portsmouth 2010 administration, and as such I no longer run my freelance photography business as a result of the clubs collapse. A few thousand pounds may not mean much in the world of football but to a one man band like myself it is enough to ruin you. I now work in a shop, but at least I managed to keep my mortgage repayments up.

Now, as you are aware us creditors were pushed (I wont go as far as blackmailed) into accepting a CVA which payed a dividend of 20% of the original debt. The payment schedule was over a period of five years, however our first installment was pushed back to 2012. This was never going to solve the problems this administration had placed on my business, as a sole trader I knew it would finish me off either way and as such I simply voted with little care for myself.

Whilst I found it incredibly disturbing and deeply insulting to see the club continuing to sanction player purchases and associated salaries, I understand football and the nature of the beast of remaining competitive so it was something I had to accept, even though I was unable to continue my freelance work with the club.

To see the club go back into administration again this season was simply staggering, and discovering they had racked up more dozens of millions of debt, whilst never getting round to paying mine or any other poor souls from the creditors meetings a penny of our dividend, left me in a state of almost shock.

I am currently receiving correspondence from PKF regarding the 2012 administration (despite having to wind my business up), and I am told the original 2010 CVA debt will now be diluted into a 2012 CVA, and as such the 20% dividend will now be 2% of 20%.

What a generous offer from Mr Chainrai!

As a result my original debt in full will have gone from approximately £3000 to £12, and more importantly without my consent this time round. Not that I really had a say last time round, as Andronikou kept finding more debts to the point he magically produced the 75% he needed to stop HMRC liquidating the club.

That is absolutely scandalous and I cant help but think that if I tried to behave like that, I would be in prison by now!

As I have mentioned, I had to wind my business (and dreams) up so the debts owed to me are irrelevant what ever percentage they finally decide this time round.

So thats my background. Now I will consider your question again, am I in favour of CVA MKI being diluted into CVA MKII without my consent?

Let me highlight the financial consideration again: £3000 * 20% * 2% = £12 (with no consent)

How about you go and choke. You can shove your CVA and stick your proposals on an expensive trip to Gibraltar. My life is in ruins because of your behaviour, I want to see PFC struck right down to the lowest level of the game, only then will I continue to support the club I formerly loved that destroyed everything I had built up.

I sincerely hope you can understand quite how much distress this has cause myself and my family.

Regards

Paul Gentry

PFC fan 1965 - 2010

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The email address is info[MENTION=17793]pompey[/MENTION]fc.co.uk

Wouldn't it be amusing if thousands of British taxpayers all bombarded that email address with claims? I'm speaking entirely hypothetically, of course, far be it for me to suggest anyone should do that :whistle:

I didn't get the right change when I visited the luxurious refreshment cage. I think I'll drop them a line.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A mate of mine is a Southampton fan and sent me this, it's an open letter posted on their forum from a creditor and (ex) Pompey fan. This is PRECISELY why that club should do the decent thing and fold.

The Palace fans should read that - and try and have a think.

Good post. A reminder that it is not just a game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well done. No time to compose anything, so I rehased an old favorite (I will put something together on the weekend):

Your urgent request poped up on my RSS feed calling for CVA 2010 creditors to get in touch, so I felt obliged to contact you, although im not sure why really after the way PFC treats its local community, business partners and sponsors.

So, you want me to confirm I am satisfied that the club I used to love ruined my life? How about a little background...

I would like to point out that I was a victim in the previous Portsmouth 2010 administration, and as such I no longer run my freelance photography business as a result of the clubs collapse. A few thousand pounds may not mean much in the world of football but to a one man band like myself it is enough to ruin you. I now work in a shop, but at least I managed to keep my mortgage repayments up.

Now, as you are aware us creditors were pushed (I wont go as far as blackmailed) into accepting a CVA which payed a dividend of 20% of the original debt. The payment schedule was over a period of five years, however our first installment was pushed back to 2012. This was never going to solve the problems this administration had placed on my business, as a sole trader I knew it would finish me off either way and as such I simply voted with little care for myself.

Whilst I found it incredibly disturbing and deeply insulting to see the club continuing to sanction player purchases and associated salaries, I understand football and the nature of the beast of remaining competitive so it was something I had to accept, even though I was unable to continue my freelance work with the club.

To see the club go back into administration again this season was simply staggering, and discovering they had racked up more dozens of millions of debt, whilst never getting round to paying mine or any other poor souls from the creditors meetings a penny of our dividend, left me in a state of almost shock.

I am currently receiving correspondence from PKF regarding the 2012 administration (despite having to wind my business up), and I am told the original 2010 CVA debt will now be diluted into a 2012 CVA, and as such the 20% dividend will now be 2% of 20%.

As a result my original debt in full will have gone from approximately £3000 to £12, and more importantly without my consent this time round. Not that I really had a say last time round, as Andronikou kept finding more debts to the point he magically produced the 75% he needed to stop HMRC liquidating the club.

That is absolutely scandalous and I cant help but think that if I tried to behave like that, I would be in prison by now!

As I have mentioned, I had to wind my business (and dreams) up so the debts owed to me are irrelevant what ever percentage they finally decide this time round.

So thats my background. Now I will consider your question again, am I in favour of CVA MKI being diluted into CVA MKII without my consent?

Let me highlight the financial consideration again: £3000 * 20% * 2% = £12 (with no consent)

How about you go and choke. You can shove your CVA and stick your proposals on an expensive trip to Gibraltar. My life is in ruins because of your behaviour, I want to see PFC struck right down to the lowest level of the game, only then will I continue to support the club I formerly loved that destroyed everything I had built up.

I sincerely hope you can understand quite how much distress this has cause myself and my family.

Regards

Paul Gentry

PFC fan 1965 - 2010

Utterly utterly shameful.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
3k and he had to stop being a photographer and become a shop assistant.

Hmmmm.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Regards

Paul Gentry

PFC fan 1965 - 2010

good stuff. it's a shame that more pompey fans haven't taken this stance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Birch: Pompey will be liquidated unless players leave soon - Pompey Past - Portsmouth News

More posturing and blame throwing from Birch. I found
Even Luke Varney’s long-anticipated switch to Leeds has been delayed, the deal having stalled at Pompey’s end over compromise wrangling.​
interesting. They players are holding the club ransom with the money demands (aka, expecting to be paid the wages they were promised, having already deferred wages) and if the players don't leave the club will be liquidated, yet not a problem holding up a transfer of one of these players.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like this comment from a Pompey fan on the article posted by Acker (above).

It just beggars belief despite the high player costs that a famous old club like ours, known all around the world with the best fans in the land, no one wants to buy us

What, you mean "buy us and our multi million pound debts and players we can't even give away"? :lolol: :lolol:

Funny, that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm curious now, let's just say that justice were to be done and Lower League Pompey were to be liquidated. What is the latest point that they could do this, and then do a Rangers (ie start up a new phoenix club) and find a league to play in next season?

The football pyramid is all set up, all the teams are placed in their leagues and the fixtures confirmed, with less than a month till the first games. Could they just parachute a new club in there somewhere, with all the reorganisation that entails (ie promoting certain other teams up the line) if LLP were wound up in say two weeks time?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm curious now, let's just say that justice were to be done and Lower League Pompey were to be liquidated. What is the latest point that they could do this, and then do a Rangers (ie start up a new phoenix club) and find a league to play in next season?

The football pyramid is all set up, all the teams are placed in their leagues and the fixtures confirmed, with less than a month till the first games. Could they just parachute a new club in there somewhere, with all the reorganisation that entails (ie promoting certain other teams up the line) if LLP were wound up in say two weeks time?

Surely would have to start in the 2013/14 season now ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I think they might have to apply to join Portsmouth Saturday League Division 3 but could miss the cut-off date so for the 2012/2013 season have to play as a Sunday League Pub team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3k and he had to stop being a photographer and become a shop assistant.

Hmmmm.
It is a bit weird. Perhaps a lot of his work was with Pompey, and he couldn't easily continue without them?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Portsmouth take the meaning of the word tinpot to an entirely new level. Palace, step aside.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
I think they might have to apply to join Portsmouth Saturday League Division 3 but could miss the cut-off date so for the 2012/2013 season have to play as a Sunday League Pub team.

Didn't something similar happen to the former Rushden & Diamonds? Didn't enter a league in time so had to start in some youth league or other.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Surely would have to start in the 2013/14 season now ?

I believe so.

For the fans sake I find that distressing but the continued mismanagement of Portsmouth FC beggars belief and renders any sympathy an unaffordable luxury. If they are liquidated as they should now be (they are clearly trading whilst hopelessly insolvent)and they can reform for 2013/2014 so be it. If not............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here