Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late Kick Off

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
And to be fair they were only allowed to select a max of 2 players from a given team. They also said Greer, and Bennett were very hard to have to leave out because of this rule.

Us being the last word on the last program really made me smile and that shot they have coming from the 'deans, cresting over the hill and seeing the stadium is magical. LKO has really started to grow on me.

Indeed, great innit.
No doubt some people on here will still bitch about our apparent lack of praise / coverage.

Last edited:

Disappointing coverage of the Albion on tonight's BBC London & South East version - but I guess they were probably right to make the most of Wycombe's promotion, the QPR story, the Dagenham relegation, Gillingham's failure and Barnet's last game salvation. All we got was the goal highlights at Notts County, about 5 seconds of the open top bus parade and a garbled comment from "Brighty" about the Palace - Albion games that are coming up next season. Thankfully absolutely NO mention of Southampton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So you get a cup for coming second in the third division now do you. :down:

I wondered about that. What the FRIG was all that about ? Southampton parading a trophy at St Fairys for coming SECOND in the League ?

Perhaps they just dug out their St Johnstons Paint Trophy replica from last season. I can't believe the FL actually gave them a cup for christs sake.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
But 2nd to us is a great achievement considering they are such a big club with all the best individuals in the lower leagues and a top bloke as manager ;)

They did keep up with us for the last couple of days to be fair though not sure what happened the previous 7/8 months while we were trying.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's not bad for a local footy programme but Richardson is an awful presenter, I much preferred Jonathan Pearce last season

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
So you get a cup for coming second in the third division now do you. :down:

I wondered about that. What the FRIG was all that about ? Southampton parading a trophy at St Fairys for coming SECOND in the League ?

Perhaps they just dug out their St Johnstons Paint Trophy replica from last season. I can't believe the FL actually gave them a cup for christs sake.

This has been in place since Nationwide were sponsors of the Football League. Basically people became miffed that you get nothing for coming 2nd (and even 3rd for League 2) but got a nice shiny cup for just winning the Play-Offs (which I believe you should not get a trophy for, but that is another rant altogether). So the Football League brought in these runners-up trophies.

That said, this is the first time I have ever seen these 2nd and 3rd placed cups actually being presented like they mean something!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
It's not bad for a local footy programme but Richardson is an awful presenter, I much preferred Jonathan Pearce last season

Each to their own, I suppose.

James Richardson is a fantastic presenter - to me, it seems a waste that he's not used by the BBC more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here