Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late 70s,

In the later 60's, I sat for a couple of (sparely populated) games in the South, over to the west side of the goal. (Smith, Napiers, Spearrit, Duffy, Templeman)
In the 70's, I started going to the South, at the East side, in the standing terraces. Brilliant times when we had Binney as our 'star striker' and young Suuullllyyyy. Then ..... Mr Magic appeared and it was all over for vaguely hopeful football fandom - and all beginning for thrilling encounters and adventurous matches, and ambitions.
A season later and it was The North Stand.

REALLY looking forward to Falmer, and finding the best spot to watch the dreams unfold again!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In the later 60's, I sat for a couple of (sparely populated) games in the South, over to the west side of the goal. (Smith, Napiers, Spearrit, Duffy, Templeman)

Sorry to be picky, but Duffy joined in 1970.

I know as we debuted on the same day! :smokin:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Seeboard pooter type department in the late 70's (whirly machines with those beige cards covered in holes, and green/white paper with holes down the sides) had season tickets in the south stand, my late Pater got his 'go' and took me ( I normally went with my Dads freinds in the East stand, he was more into cars and rugby) It was vs Man City, my guess is 79/80 and by the time we found our seats we where 1-0 up, Neil McNabb rings a bell as player of the match, we won 4-1

happy days

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
That firm was called the south stand suicide squad, :bounce::bounce::flameboun

Not sure that I have heard that title before but there was a little firm in the South stand, mostly made up from the old Clifton boys from Worthing and the Crabtree lads from Lancing if memory serves. Apologies if most were from Brighton but as a Worthing boy myself I always recognised plenty of other Worthing lads and often travelled to away games with some of the Lancing lot.

If any of the old Clifton or Crabtree boys post on here :cheers:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Back to the mystery fire. It happened a good few hours after the final home game of the season and that is why it's thought to have been an insurence job.

It was only the old wooden bench type seats at the back of the terracing and not the roof. Come the new season and it was all seated with nice shiney plastic seats.

It was the north Stand which went without a roof for a few years, the old one was deemed unsafe. funny that the club thought that having no roof would enhance the atmosphere! more like too tight to replace it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here