Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Last season's loanees (what happened to them next) thread

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of the 17 Albion players out on loan last season, 7 have now left the club (Hinchy, Leonard, Weir, Alzate, Dahoud, Kozlowski and Undav) have now permanently left the club, and six have gone out again on loan.
That leaves just four whose fate will be decided tonight - Ayari, Samuels, Turns and Mazilu.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of the 17 Albion players out on loan last season, 7 have now left the club (Hinchy, Leonard, Weir, Alzate, Dahoud, Kozlowski and Undav) have now permanently left the club, and six have gone out again on loan.
That leaves just four whose fate will be decided tonight - Ayari, Samuels, Turns and Mazilu.
....and that's where it's stayed then. Four players left (in blue)

Yasin Ayari - was on loan at Blackburn Rovers (Championship);
James Beadle - on loan at Sheffield Wednesday (Championship); Loaned back to Wednesday for 2024-25.
Jack Hinchy -
on loan to Shrewsbury Town (League1); Released....but subsequently transferred to Notts County.
Marc Leonard
- on loan at Northampton Town (League1); Sold to Birmingham City (League 1).
Andrew Moran
- on loan at Blackburn Rovers (Championship); New loan for 2024-25 to Stoke City (Championship).
Carl Rushworth
- on loan at Swansea City (Championship); New loan for 2024-25 to Hull City (Championship).
Imari Samuels - was
on loan at Fleetwood (League1); New contract.
Jeremy Sarmiento
- on loan at Ipswich Town (Championship); New loan for 2024-25 to Burnley (Championship).
Abdallah Sima
- on loan at Glasgow Rangers (SPL); Loaned to Stade Brest (Ligue1).
Ed Turns
-was on loan at Crewe Alexandra (League2);
Jensen Weir - on loan at Port Vale (League1); Permanent transfer to Wigan Athletic (League 1).

Steven Alzate
- on loan at Standard Liege (Belgian Pro League); Released.
Mahmoud Dahoud -
on loan at VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga); Permanently offloaded to Eintracht Frankfurt.
Kacper Kozlowski
- on loan at SBV Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie (Netherlands)); Permanent move to Gaziantep FK, Turkish Super Lig.
Adrian Mazilu - was
on loan at SVB Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie);
Kjel Scherpen - on loan to Sterm Graz (Austrian Football Bundesliga); Back to Sturm Graz for 2024-25.
Deniz Undav
- on loan to VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga). Transferred to VfB Stuttgart.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Re: Mazilu

Shannon Ruth mentions him at the beginning of this podcast saying he will be part of the development squad and training with the first team - is he injured? As he hasn’t been involved in any of the U21 games so far ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Shannon Ruth mentions him at the beginning of this podcast saying he will be part of the development squad and training with the first team - is he injured? As he hasn’t been involved in any of the U21 games so far ?

He featured in pre-season but I think he may currently be injured - yesterday he posted a pic of himself on instagram story with a backward-facing arrow over the word BACK. Now, I've seen multiple players over the years who are recovering from injury post a backward-facing arrow over the word SOON, meaning Back Soon - I am assuming this is what Mazilu meant.

Or, perhaps the phrase BACK BACK has some significance in Romanian. Who knows.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He featured in pre-season but I think he may currently be injured - yesterday he posted a pic of himself on instagram story with a backward-facing arrow over the word BACK. Now, I've seen multiple players over the years who are recovering from injury post a backward-facing arrow over the word SOON, meaning Back Soon - I am assuming this is what Mazilu meant.

Or, perhaps the phrase BACK BACK has some significance in Romanian. Who knows.

What did you think of that podcast ?

I did start a thread yesterday highlighting it but didn’t really get much of a response

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Will get to it in the next week or so.

Was interesting, one thing that stood out for me was that Shannon Ruth came across more like a teacher than a football manager, which ultimately I guess is his role - obviously he is doing a good job 👍

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was interesting, one thing that stood out for me was that Shannon Ruth came across more like a teacher than a football manager, which ultimately I guess is his role - obviously he is doing a good job 👍
I don't know if you are watching the Brighton Unlocked videos put out by the club on youtube but the most recent one (no. 4) featured the Crawley EFL Trophy game. Nice little vignette of his management style in that.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I don't know if you are watching the Brighton Unlocked videos put out by the club on youtube but the most recent one (no. 4) featured the Crawley EFL Trophy game. Nice little vignette of his management style in that.

Thanks - I will take a look 👍

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Fascinating stuff. Excellent.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, with Mazilu apparently destined for the U21 squad this season, and Ayari getting first team minutes, all last season's loanees now sorted except for Samuels and Turns - as far as we know anyway.
Samuels (with his new contract) could be in the U21 squad, but surely must be looking for a loan after his unsuccessful one at Fleetwood - abroad, or waiting for January?
Turns isn't an U21 any more, but doesn't seem to be anywhere around the first team. Did well on loan in League 2, and OK in League 1 - seems to be a bit in limbo?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So, with Mazilu apparently destined for the U21 squad this season, and Ayari getting first team minutes, all last season's loanees now sorted except for Samuels and Turns - as far as we know anyway.
Samuels (with his new contract) could be in the U21 squad, but surely must be looking for a loan after his unsuccessful one at Fleetwood - abroad, or waiting for January?
Turns isn't an U21 any more, but doesn't seem to be anywhere around the first team. Did well on loan in League 2, and OK in League 1 - seems to be a bit in limbo?
I'm amazed that Peupion, Samuels and Turns didn't go out on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here