Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Last pro game in England to be played behind closed doors...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Birmingham v Stoke 92 ? After crowd trouble ,ground emptied then the ref brough tplayers for the last 90 seconds.

That happened in a Leyton Orient game quite recently.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Yes it was 11am on a Thursday morning i believe.
I was working at WH Smith distribution warehouse which was on the same estate at the time.
Skived off for the day.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Bloody Stewart Mell Burton's Striker knocked us out the round before ,Colin :wanker: was Burton manager . TBF Burton brought over 2000 to Aldershot that day ,bolstered by a few Derby . It was a proper 80's cup tie. A couple of years later Mell would score Scarboroughs 1st league goal v Wolves .

Hehe, sorry for your loss - There probably were quite a few from Derby, there were 22,500 at the first Leicester game, Burton don't get great crowds even now.... Incredibly well run club though, best in the country IMO.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Hehe, sorry for your loss - There probably were quite a few from Derby, there were 22,500 at the first Leicester game, Burton don't get great crowds even now.... Incredibly well run club though, best in the country IMO.

They seem to be very well run . Always enjoyed a day out in Burton either at Eton Park or The Pirelli ,even seen us hit 4 twice which is a small miracle:lolol: Both great grounds and a grand day out on the pop.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They seem to be very well run . Always enjoyed a day out in Burton either at Eton Park or The Pirelli ,even seen us hit 4 twice which is a small miracle:lolol: Both great grounds and a grand day out on the pop.

Especially if you get drawn away on the day of the Burton Beer Festival.

Always looked to cross reference such events when the fixtures came out. Derby 1991 was timed beautifully.

As regards Aldershot, they are the nearest team to where I was born. My first home was in St Augustine's Close, near the ground. Hence they have always been a special team and my most watched apart from the Albion. I have their final league shirt still sitting in my wardrobe.

97087558_1545357335641515_7908666978292727808_n.jpg

Last edited:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Especially if you get drawn away on the day of the Burton Beer Festival.

Always looked to cross reference such events when the fixtures came out. Derby 1991 was timed beautifully.

As regards Aldershot, they are the nearest team to where I was born. My first home was in St Augustine's Close, near the ground. Hence they have always been a special team and my most watched apart from the Albion. I have their final league shirt still sitting in my wardrobe.

View attachment 123672

North Town lad then .

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here