Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last of the OLD guard

Who of the 00/01 title winning side SHOULD be getting a new contract?

• Gary Hart

Votes: 83 62.9%
  • Michel Kuipers

Votes: 71 53.8%
  • Kerry Mayo

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • Charlie Oatway

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • None Of The Above

Votes: 18 13.6%

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Regardless of who has contract clauses guaranteeing them contracts or whatever, which of the old guard (00/01 season) SHOULD actually be offered new contracts in YOUR opinion?...

(Multiple Choice)

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am not entirely sure.

It depends who we would be able to replace them with. They can't go on forever and if decent replacements are available to us then I would go for them.

For instance, if our budget allowed us to sign Gary Hart on again or sing up Andrew Whing - Who would you choose? I would choose Whing.

I really doubt that Charlie will be able to cut it again at this level. He has been out for over 18 months!

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Mayo is the only one who has contributed enough this season to be worth a new contract.

Hart, I'd like to see him stay, but clearly someone at the club feels his time has come. Same with Kuipers.

I guess we'll need to wait and see with Oatway. If he's not made a comeback by a month into next season, I think he'll probably retire and be offered some other role at the club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think any of them really......

lets face it although we would all like to see OGH, he has hardly set the world alight these last couple of years

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Kuipers should definately get a new deal.

The other three are all expendable providing we can bring in suitable replacements in the summer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
none of them - have they actually contributed anything this season?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Scotty Mac said:
none of them - have they actually contributed anything this season?

Mayo and Kuipers have. Its not Oatway's fault he hasn't. And some would say Hart hasn't been given a fair go. I voted for all 4.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Screaming J said:
Mayo and Kuipers have. Its not Oatway's fault he hasn't. And some would say Hart hasn't been given a fair go. I voted for all 4.

kuipers has mainly sat on the bench this season, then when he got a run got injured once again and has now been replaced by a keeper on loan from palace of all clubs

hart has played all over the park at the start of the season, but since wilkins has formed some sort of ideas as to who should play where as opposedto mcghees lottery, has faded completely off the picture. when was the last time he started?

oatway has been out for over a year and a half now - if he is going to get any sort of contract it should be some sort of pay-as-you=play deal for him to prove his fitness

the only one you could argue has done anything this season is mayo, who has played rather regularly, but at the same time you could argue that rents is the better option at full back, and with sonny cobbs coming through that he too is surplus to requirements

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Hart and Mayo should get year deals if only for thier versatility. I doubt Hart will get anything judging by the amount of games he has played under Wilkins. Shame really.

Oatway has been out for too long now. Surely his career is over.

Kuipers? Not sure. I don't believe the bollocks about 4K a week bandied about on here but he is again playing second fiddle and probably on first team wages. If he's cheap enough to have in reserve, keep him on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
jonny.rainbow said:
Hart, I'd like to see him stay, but clearly someone at the club feels his time has come. Same with Kuipers.
Maybe, if the rumours are true about contract clauses it may be that we would like to keep them - but not on the wages they are currently on.

I hope so as I definitely think they both have something to offer. Not sure about Oatway, I think Mayo's time is up, Rents looks much better and Cobbs is also a good prospect.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
None of the four have set the world a light this year.

Charlie should be allowed to use the club facilities for rehab purposes though.

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
jonny.rainbow said:
Mayo is the only one who has contributed enough this season to be worth a new contract.

I guess we'll need to wait and see with Oatway. If he's not made a comeback by a month into next season, I think he'll probably retire and be offered some other role at the club.

I concur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here