Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last minute winners.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh you can't beat em.I don't think we've had any for a while but anyone remember a season when we had a run of them at the Goldstone.I think Stoke and Blackpool were 2 games.Also Ipswich away when we won 3-2.Now that was fun.:D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Large One said:
Wendy's free kick at home to Ipswich. That was a beaut.

And in that season I seem to remember it was about to die on its arse until we got a last minute winner at Hull which kick started it again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lee Steele's "offside" winner against Bristol City at Withdean :clap2: :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I also remember us being 3-1 down to Bournemouth at the Goldstone. We drew in the end 3-3, but when the second went in (a Chapman screamer), we went wild. When the third went in, the North Stand just went loopy. It was captured on the telly, and the camera panned across the North Stand, and WE WE'RE JUST GOING MENTAL.

BTW Seen Steele's goal on video several times since - clearly onside! Still, we thought it was offside at the time, which made it funnier. One of the Bristol City players called Wendy Toms a 'f***ing bitch'.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eric "supersub" Potts brace against Sunderland ( I think) which turned a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win in injury time at the Goldstone was pretty good but my favourite was at the Hawthorns against WBA. 2-0 down 5 mins to go and we'd been totally outplayed all game, two goals with one in the last minute made a previously miserable afternoon a blinding one :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gary Williams against Sunderland at Roker Park in 1980/81, last away game of the season and took us out of the relegation zone

Graham Pearce at Leeds for a superb 3-2 victory in ( I think) 1984 or 85

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Oh you can't beat em.I don't think we've had any for a while but anyone remember a season when we had a run of them at the Goldstone.I think Stoke and Blackpool were 2 games.Also Ipswich away when we won 3-2.Now that was fun.:D
Remember that 3-2 very well as was in the ipswich end with a ipswich mate and still can picture that score board i.e the 87th minute winner.:drink:

Also a dire game at home to plymouth in the 90th minute about 8-10 year ago.

Not to mention the nearly at reading 2 year ago grrrrrrrrrr:angry:

Rod Thomas

Dec 29, 2003
Liverpool
When Steve Sidwell scored 2 in the last minute last year against Burnley to get us a draw, it was awesome.
What a player...

Rod Thomas

Dec 29, 2003
Liverpool
Also a few years ago at Withdean when Gary Hart scored right at the very end against Southend. We always used to stay in our seats until after the game had finished, but this time we had to leave slightly early, and we was watching from the running track right in line with the goal when Harty scored and it was amazing cos evryone was jumping everywhere :bounce: cos there was no seats in the way. And all the Southend players were going mental :angry:claiming harty pushed the ball in with his hand:lolol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i remember 2 against plymouth at the goldstone one when gary o'reilly gave us a 1 0 win but the one that i enjoyed most of all was when paul dickov scored 2 beat them 2 1! absolutely fantastic!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here