Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Game Pitch Invasion

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
lets have a kickabout - 3000 a side

Heehee. It would be fantastic if at the final whistle the away fans and the south stand ran on the west end of the pitch and the north and easts stands ran on the east ond of the pitch pinching a ball and just went for it, I think the organistaion needed to achieve it successfully would b ring it to the attention of the people who would stop it happening.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No, it wouldn't. Who gives a shit about a lap of honour?

THIS. I love seeing what everything looks like from the players' perspective for a change, feeling how soft the turf is. At the Goldstone I was always amused by the hillock in the south east corner!

I hope we AND Hudds are promoted, what a love-in that would be :p

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
THIS. I love seeing what everything looks like from the player's perspective for a change, feeling how soft the turf is. At the Goldstone I was always amused by the hillock in the south east corner!

I hope we AND Hudds are promoted, what a love-in that would be :p

Exactly. And I would rather spend the time wandering around the pitch patting myself on the back for putting up with going to watch football in such a shit-hole for over a decade, than stand in the stand applauding some players who have only been doing it a couple of years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The players maybe, bringing their kids out, enjoying the appreciation of what they've achieved. Pitch invasions are for complete muppets, as has been confirmed on this thread!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Exactly. And I would rather spend the time wandering around the pitch patting myself on the back for putting up with going to watch football in such a shit-hole for over a decade, than stand in the stand applauding some players who have only been doing it a couple of years.

wandering around the pitch...wow, you really know how to have a great time. What else do you do for kicks, mow the lawn!?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't think its worth running on immediately after the final whistle but it would be nice to be allowed on the pitch after all the celebrations just as a pleasant end to the Withdean era. No disrupting of anything, just a chance for a good old celebration and a kind of 'goodbye' to those horrible seats and terrible stands.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyway, when we got the third division Championship they did a lap of honour whilst we were on the pitch anyway.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think its worth running on immediately after the final whistle but it would be nice to be allowed on the pitch after all the celebrations just as a pleasant end to the Withdean era. No disrupting of anything, just a chance for a good old celebration and a kind of 'goodbye' to those horrible seats and terrible stands.

This. A Pitch Invitation rather than Pitch Invasion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Me. l give a shit. If the lads have just won us promotion isnt it right we applaud them and all celebrate together?. Invading the pitch is a totally poiintless exercise for anyone over the age of 12 years old.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

This would be good, everyone's a winner.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Me. l give a shit. If the lads have just won us promotion isnt it right we applaud them and all celebrate together?. Invading the pitch is a totally poiintless exercise for anyone over the age of 12 years old.

Word

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Anyway, when we got the third division Championship they did a lap of honour whilst we were on the pitch anyway.

That was absolutely fantastic. Sadly even in a decade the Health and Safety has gone so mad that it probably wouldn't be allowed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

1. Promotion will already have been celebrated a few weeks before
2. I am over the age of 12
3. There will be a pitch invasion whatever you say so you might as well accept it

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pitch invasions are good. Last game / promotion then lets do it.

Main reason I like it is the line of OB and stewards looking hard and intent on stopping it

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pitch invasions are good. Last game / promotion then lets do it.

Main reason I like it is the line of OB and stewards looking hard and intent on stopping it

Who then give up the second more than 5 people get through.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
a pitch invasion is not **officially a pitch invasion** unless it is:

a) ad hoc impromptu after an important goal.
b) at the final whistle that confirms promotion / staying up / giant killing.
c) the sun is out.

rules and permission are not involved, only the above criteria.

I wouldn't think so as there will be a large plastic platform with several sweaty men in stripey shirts holding up a big metal flowerpot in the middle of the pitch

Something like this.........
MickyAdams_468x344.jpg

or
_40215313_cullip200_getty.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here