Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laser Beams

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Went over to see a friend last night, who lives on the edge of Dartmoor with unbroken views for miles.
Just as it was getting dark he said " watch this" and he got out what I thought was a small thin torch. It was in fact a laser beam and it went through the glass of a window and onto the wall of a house at least 4 miles away in a village, he said that when fully charged it will go 12 miles, it was an awesome bit of kit. He got it from China, delivered for £12.
Just wondered if anyone has one of these or know the laws regarding them because you could do some very naughty things with it if you wanted to.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Went over to see a friend last night, who lives on the edge of Dartmoor with unbroken views for miles.
Just as it was getting dark he said " watch this" and he got out what I thought was a small thin torch. It was in fact a laser beam and it went through the glass of a window and onto the wall of a house at least 4 miles away in a village, he said that when fully charged it will go 12 miles, it was an awesome bit of kit. He got it from China, delivered for £12.
Just wondered if anyone has one of these or know the laws regarding them because you could do some very naughty things with it if you wanted to.
How were you able to see 4 miles away ???

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Although there have been some instances of lasers at football matches, I am surprised that there has not been more, easy to smuggle in and point at fans or goalies just before a penalty.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
sO....IF YOU SEE A RED DOT MOVING UP ONTO YOUR COAT.....IS IT A LASER BEAM.....OR ARE YOU BEING TARGETED BY A SNIPER....i MEAN....Aaaaarrrrggghhh!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Pardon me asking, but are you very very young or do you just not get out much? Laser pens have been around for yonks and were the fashionable mus- have for annoying-aged teens at least ten ten years ago, if not nearer twenty. Available from any random souvenir shop in Spain for less than a fiver.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pardon me asking, but are you very very young or do you just not get out much? Laser pens have been around for yonks and were the fashionable mus- have for annoying-aged teens at least ten ten years ago, if not nearer twenty. Available from any random souvenir shop in Spain for less than a fiver.
These arent like laser pens, they are much more powerful. If you shine them onto a piece of paper/fabric/skin they can set fire to it and you can light fireworks remotely. Very dangerous doing it through a sheet of glass as suggested by the OP as it could reflect back an and blind you, as well as potentially blinding the person in the house four miles away.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Apart from pointing at aircraft or goalies etc, what useful purpose do they serve?

I was in an evening seminar with about 100 others at the Holiday Inn before Christmas and the lights went out. Got my laser pen and provided light for the whole room, enabling the seminar to continue for the next ten mins before normality was restored. Sweet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here