Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Land of hope and glory

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Our national anthem is a dirge. A boring, unrousing dirge.

Apparently, it's also the only one which celebrates a person, rather than a country. I think we should have 'All Together Now' by the Farm instead.

'Land of Hope & Glory' is part of a bigger piece, so would all of it be the national anthem?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the Italian national Anthem is the best.

And it changes tempo in the middle of it.

SUPERB

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dies Irae said:
I think the Italian national Anthem is the best.

And it changes tempo in the middle of it.

SUPERB

Napoleon designed their flag. FACT.

Not sure if he had a hand in their anthem tho.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
GSTQ makes all the hairs on my arm stand up. Very inspiring & the Best National Anthem Ive ever heard (probably only coz Im English mind). I have no probs with people singing Land Of Hope & Glory but it shouldnt be our NA.

And anyway if we did end up changing it I would want it to be changed to "Jerusalem" rather than L of H & G.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We've used L of H +G for ages in the commonwealth games.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I prefer Land of Hope and Glory or even Rule Brittannia.

What we need is a bit of pomp and circumstance! We are British after all :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The one good thing about GSTQ is that is short if not that sweet. Some national anthems go on for ages.

I would bet that if we used Rule Brittaninia as our national athem thne the PC brigade would say it was either racist or indicative of our imperialistic past (which actually it is).

I like the world cup because you get to hear some cracking national anthems. I am particularly looking forward to the Togo effort this year. Some of the south american anthems sound like a one man band falling down several flights of stairs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here