Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lancing What to do!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Yoda

English & European
The actual place isn't that bad. Its some of the lowlife that live there that ruin the place not unlike many other places in the country. Nothing comes close to being described as a decent pub in the place. As for the beach? Same old same old really. Lots of stones when the tide is in & seaweed & sand when its out. That's bout it.......

You don't get anywhere near as much seaweed in Lancing as you do in Worthing. As for your first point, that's why I got out of there.

HB&B, the amusements on the beach are no longer there. As steward 433 said, 'Has planning for restaurant use but building ground to a halt due to planning issues'. Thai restaurant I believe, which would be good (and different) for the place.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you've got kids then check the tides and go to Lancing when the tide's out. The bit of beach you'll reach at the bottom of South Street (the road you'll come down from the station) is in a small natural bay and you'll get more sandy beach there than almost any where else in Sussex - the tide can go out by nearly half a mile.

Facility-wise it's not as good as it used to be. There used to be a little cafe actually on the beach called The Mermaid which also had an amusement arcade. Last time I drove past it had gone and a massive half-built shed was there instead - not sure what the hell it's going to be / it now is. Also the Hop In (which did BRILLIANT breakfasts) is now a Greek restaurant. There's a pub on the corner (Three Horseshoes) which has a not-bad garden. It used to have swings and stuff for kids - not sure if it still has.

I lived in Lancing for twenty two years (between the ages of eight and thirty) and I can say quite safely say that whilst calling it a complete shithole is a little OTT, it IS a shithole.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Have to agree, when the tide is out, the kids love the sand that is available!

If you like walking then park the car up the top of North Lancing up Manor Road (steep hill). The views and scenery up on Lancing south Downs are great!

Entertainment - For kids you have brooklands pleasure park with a train ride round the boating lake, pitch and put golf and...erm.....that will be about it!

the building on the beach as far as I am aware is a Thai restaraunt but stopped being built due to issues with the ground they are building on or something (I May be wrong here).

Avoid the boozers, the music will stop as you walk in!

Beach and the South Downs are good, entertainment.... may be lacking somewhat!

I grew up in Lancing but escaped when I finished school and left on the first train out :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This is not true.

Suggest you get your facts straight.

It was reported as such on SCR the other day. Have you done a survey that proves differently?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I used to work in the Three Horseshoes when I was 18. Not a particularly nice first bar job. Lancing on the whole has nothing going for it and feels like a village that has extended beyond its means.

Why visit Lancing HB&B? When Sussex is full of delightful towns and villages. Even Fishersgate and the Power Station have more going for them than Lancing.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair if you put Lancing up North it would shine as a lovely town. It's not bad really, there are no race issues and crime is quite low compared to some shit holes. The boozers whilst won't attract customers from far and wide sell beer and if the sun is shining it would all be good. Can't say I've ever had grief drinking in any of them. If you want trouble you can normally get it anywhere.

The green is great for kids , its ok

D

Deleted User X18H

We might go to Worthing now instead. The boy just wants to go on the TRAAIIINNNN!!

D

Deleted User X18H

We went to Worthing instead very nice actually. Walked all the way along the prom westerly until we reached a bowling club type place, the noddy train stop opposite so my wife and son (he's train mad) jumped on that and I pushed my daughter back to the pier. Had a picnic in Steyne Gardens opposite the Chatsworth Hotel is that only a 3 star?

Bit daggy(bit like Brighton really) if you walk back to the station via that Car Park and Janitorial Suppliers.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
opening of the adur festival today in north street,kids rides etc,also sompting has a fair today and tom,lancing is ok,the beach is very clean,esp to the left by the yacht club,ive lived in london,brighton,portslade, and lancing is certainly better place to bring my kids up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here