Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Armstrong

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A truly magnificent sportsman of this generation.

I doubt anyone will ever win seven Tour De Frances in a row.

We done Sir

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

They said that after Indurin (sp?) won six times in a row.

So don't count on it not happening again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indurain only won it five times in a row

Beach Hut said:
Indurain only won it five times in a row

Maybe, but still someone might go and win it eight imes in a row. You don't know now, unless you've got a c*****l ball or, even better still, a Tardis.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't think it will ever be repeated though

A record has been set and it is there to be beaten.

If not in the next decade but in the next century.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bloody hell you're a hard man to please :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut said:
Bloody hell you're a hard man to please :lolol: :lolol:

Maybe.

But I was just pointing out that any record is there to be broken until it is a physical impossibility that it can be bettered.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Without wanting to detract from his achievement (ahem) hasn't it been proven that his lungs are something like a third bigger than 'normal' and his heart or other organs are similarly disproportionate to the majority of the population giving him a biological superiority over any of the field before a pedal has been spun?

I say bring back Joey whatshisface (the 'Pocket Rocket') or Pedro Delgado

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Put it into perspective for me the time Le Tour came to England & the cyclsts pootled up Ditchling Beacon like it wasn't there. Turns out the Beacon was given an official classification of 4. Which in tour terms is about as piddly as it gets.

"The mountain stages were first introduced into the Tour de France in 1911 with cyclists climbing Col du Galibier with an average gradient of 5.5%. This was to set the precedent for future Tours and the classification of the climbs. Each mountain pass is given a grade of 1 – 4 to indicate the steepness of the climb with 1 being the hardest. The grade is calculated in the rise per kilometre. In the Alps you will find some of the mountains with a hors classification. So steep they cannot be classified."

These people are primeval MONSTERS witha heartbeat of about 10 bpm or something. With or without testicular cancer :bowdown:

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
"It's not about the bike" is a cracking read - probably one of the most inspirational books I have ever read.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well done Lance, not bad for a Yank. :clap:

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Much as I'm not a cycle racing fans by any mean's do folk's out there not think it's the SINGLE GREATEST FEAT IN SPORT?
Anybody who can win one Tour has my utmost respect but to win seven in a row..........
Forget your Tiger Woods etc,I play golf so know how hard it is but Lance Armstrong could become a good Golf player Wood's could never cycle 100 miles up mountain's.
HE'S FINISHED RIDING A BIKE NOW HE'S OFF TOO RIDE S.CROW!!!:clap:
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Put it into perspective for me the time Le Tour came to England & the cyclsts pootled up Ditchling Beacon like it wasn't there. Turns out the Beacon was given an official classification of 4. Which in tour terms is about as piddly as it gets.

The Beacon is obscene, my car can't even get up there, I can't believe they weren't pushing their bikes up, surely there can't be any gradient higher that a human being could possibly cycle up! Being young and naiive when Le Tour came to Brighton I was idiotically positioned at the Marina and so saw about 7 seconds of cyclists whizzing by at full whack having waited there for hours. Always regret not having been up on the Beacon that day (and chalking BHAFC on the road).

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
The Beacon is obscene, my car can't even get up there, I can't believe they weren't pushing their bikes up, surely there can't be any gradient higher that a human being could possibly cycle up!

That's what I'd have thought also. I mean, a level 1 or 'hors classification' gradient must surely involve cycling up a sheer cliff-face or a wall or something :ohmy:

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think Lance Armstrong would be given far more recognition if he wasn't a yank.

Personally, I think he's brill'. :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's a great achievement no matter what his nationality and of course overcoming his cancer too.

Well done to Lance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here