Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey U21 call up

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Must be a big, big decision to leave a Top 4 set-up like Chelsea and sign for a club in the lower reaches of the PL - even if it means the opportunity of regular first team football. So I'm glad for him that his decision (and the level of performance and professionalism he has shown) has been vindicated with an international call up. Not only a great talent but seems to have a very mature head on him too and hopefully being well advised.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, for Ghana.

Some quality players ahead of him in the England line-up, sadly.

Being qualified to play for another nation, definitely focuses the minds of the England set-up, when considering who to call up...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1301096065526042624[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With Veltman and Lamptey away, Montoya sold, and Schelotto released, who plays right back on Saturday?

Alzate maybe.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Pleased for him, don't think we've ever had a teenager in the u21s, probably not in my lifetime anyway.

Lamptey and Saka on opposite flanks - worthy of the senior side, that :drool:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Should have been called up from the start.. joke that he wasn’t.

Most exciting Albion signing we’ve had in the PL era. If all goes well this lad will go to the top, simple as that.

Really good guy too, works hard, honest, great attitude. Thrilled he plays for us and delighted for him to be recognised by England.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pleased for him, don't think we've ever had a teenager in the u21s, probably not in my lifetime anyway.

Lamptey and Saka on opposite flanks - worthy of the senior side, that :drool:

Dunk played U21s at 19.

Solly March played at the Toulon tournament at 19.

Jake Forster-Caskey played in the same fixtures, but had (just) turned 20.

Adam Hinshelwood also had an early U21 call up, but had to pull out injured, sadly.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Just goes to show that #TeamsLikeChelsea have little or no idea of the homegrown talent coming through their ranks. Oh well :shrug:
They were aware and wanted to keep him, offered him a new deal. He wanted first team football though which they couldnt provide so he didnt accept the new deal.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Solly March May 2014

Dunk played U21s at 19.

Solly March played at the Toulon tournament at 19.

Jake Forster-Caskey played in the same fixtures, but had (just) turned 20.

Adam Hinshelwood also had an early U21 call up, but had to pull out injured, sadly.
Good knowledge - had assumed Solly was 20/21 by then. I always forget Dunk was called up (probably because he didn't get a game, bloody Southgate..)

EDIT: Oh, was Stuart Pearce back in 2011! I'm still blaming Southgate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here