Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey and MacAllister - Must start the next game

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Need to calm down.
We have no idea whether Lamprey or Macalister are good enough yet.

Just shut up! I'm not in the mood!

Very much this, two youngsters without a Premier League appearance between them are hardly the answer. We made enough chances today to score half a dozen goals. It's someone to convert those chances that we need, not wholesale changes.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
I dread to think of the meltdown if these two players both start and turn out to be shit.

They might or might not be shit ,but suppose they both played would it look as if we are getting desperate but that is not the case we can play them gradually in the future and everything is under control there is no panic and as GP said he is not worried yet about the situation. I know i am and we are now desperate .If we know our best eleven we might have a chance .

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If you dont change what you are doing, you cannot expect a change of outcome,... these players, all the combinations, have failed so far, so why not put the new guys on, or the bench at least... waste of opportunity today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
MacAllister was bang in form when he came to us so introducing him quickly should have been the answer so he can pick up where he left off. I sometimes think we over protect the players and there is as much risk on confidence leaving them out in than putting them in.

I think this is the plan. We need to get these 2 used to losing (acclimatised), before they play. They need to soak up the depression and misery, so that when they do start, all confidence should be well and truly shot, and they too can play at sub PL standards as per rest of team.

Why buy a young exciting young right back, when you can play Propper there?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Very much this, two youngsters without a Premier League appearance between them are hardly the answer. We made enough chances today to score half a dozen goals. It's someone to convert those chances that we need, not wholesale changes.

Completely agree with this. We weren't bad today. We created 3 good chances and a handful of half chances. We're relying on a Championship striker, Murray and Connelly. Doesn't matter how many defence splitting passes Mac Allister makes or how many crosses Lamptey puts in if there's no one there to knock them in.

March made a great run down the wing at one point but realised no one was in the box, tried to cut back and ended up losing the ball. Playing 4-3-3 with two defensive midfielders means when you break, you don't have the bodies in the box.

I'm not suggesting we overcommit, but if you only ever have one or two forward players in the box, against four or five defenders, you make it easy.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Completely agree with this. We weren't bad today. We created 3 good chances and a handful of half chances. We're relying on a Championship striker, Murray and Connelly. Doesn't matter how many defence splitting passes Mac Allister makes or how many crosses Lamptey puts in if there's no one there to knock them in.

March made a great run down the wing at one point but realised no one was in the box, tried to cut back and ended up losing the ball. Playing 4-3-3 with two defensive midfielders means when you break, you don't have the bodies in the box.

I'm not suggesting we overcommit, but if you only ever have one or two forward players in the box, against four or five defenders, you make it easy.

Yep, not a million miles away but we have to find a solution which ups our goals tally .... and fast

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Need to calm down.
We have no idea whether Lamprey or Macalister are good enough yet.

In that case we shouldn't have bought them. But you never know, maybe the club did a bit of research first ..................... ridiculous idea I know .......

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Lamptey from what I’ve seen is just what we need, pacey attacking full back who can put in a decent cross and can defend as well.

MacAllister could be the man who can play that killer pass to unlock a defence and link up with Maupay.

We need to be more confident in the final third, for me that’s what’s let us down this season.

My team to face wolves would be:

Ryan
Lamptey
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Propper
Mooy
Trossard
Alireza
MacAllister
Maupay

And what does Trossard bring on recent form?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
They should be in the team based on what ?
Theyre not in the squad probably because they’re not up to speed yet.
That said Mooy, March and Trossard all need dropping.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
They won’t be in the squad because they’re not up to speed yet.

I’m going to say something rather controversial, I suspect. I don’t like Trossard, I can’t warm to him, he’s arrogant, distant and, I dunno, seemingly a bit of a big head... he rates himself way too much... nah; I’m not keen, I’d play Alzate every week over his smug and ‘billy big balls’ aura.

I’m not sure he even sat the no dick heads paper?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Theyre not in the squad probably because they’re not up to speed yet.

The problem is we are running out of runway, by the time they are ‘up to speed’ we’ll be relegated and fighting not to finish rock bottom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here