Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lampard

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Chelsea were cr@p you deserve to lose if you don't go for it when needing to goals.

Good news for england though keep sboth Lampard, Terry and cole playing less games this year.

Last edited:

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Judge a man on an away gane at Camp Nou needing a two goal victory and be damned.

Seeing as I know all, this is the last post on the matter.

Okay, but WHY did they need a two goal victory in the first place?

Yep, you are now damned for disregarding the loss at Stamford Bridge. Go DOWN Manchap, condemned to the FIYERS of HAYDEES.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Lampard was not used in his best position last night, playing Cole, Duff and Robben meant he had to sit back that little bit more and that is not Franks strength.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Gerrard has something more about him in the big games.

To be fair apart from the Champions league final i can;t think of one BIG game he has played that well

Been anonomous alot for England recently

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think both of the for England have been poor due to the fact they dont work well together.
Somebody all ready said on this thread Lampard was asked to do a more defensive job last night and that was one of the reasons why he was gash, so what happens in the world cup? We will have to defend as a unit at some point.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
KinkyNormanBaker said:
I think both of the for England have been poor due to the fact they dont work well together.
Somebody all ready said on this thread Lampard was asked to do a more defensive job last night and that was one of the reasons why he was gash, so what happens in the world cup? We will have to defend as a unit at some point.

He can defend..... just not his strong point....neither is it Gerrard's otherwise one of them could play the holding midfielder role

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
blockhseagull said:
He can defend..... just not his strong point....neither is it Gerrard's otherwise one of them could play the holding midfielder role

I don't think Lampard can defend very well but then who cares, he has other qualities.

With Gerrard I think it is more a lack of discipline and direction from the coach than a lack of ability.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
KinkyNormanBaker said:

:lolol: Is that a joke?

He definately does not carry through his Liverpool form for England, couldn't even do it in the last game on his home pitch with a quality holding player like Carrick supporting him.

Lampard wasn't outplayed; Mourinho was out-thought. I hope last night finally killed off all the superlatives thrown at Mourinho. He's good - but he's not that good. His one great achievement was in the Champions League with Porto; but if taking a distinctly average side to success in Europe means he is something special, why isn't Otto Rehhagel called 'the special one'?

Mourinho's lack of class comes from his fully understandable realisation that someone is going to find him out, soon. Let's hope last night was the beginning of that and he disappears from public view.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lampard has been the most consistently good English midfielder over the last 3 seasons. He's scored big goals for club and country.

Last night Chelsea met the best team in Europe and went out by the odd goal. Big deal!

The fact that they're out of Europe and have the title in the bag should mean that Lampard gets a bit of rest before the WC, which he needs because he's looked a bit jaded in recent performances. But he's still a top class act.

E

enigma

KinkyNormanBaker said:

True, I mean its not like Roy Keane used to boss him nearly every time :rolleyes:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
enigma said:
True, I mean its not like Roy Keane used to boss him nearly every time :rolleyes:
Gerrard's been on the same pitch as Keane? ??? :lolol:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Tom Hark said:
Good news for those of us with bets on Lampard first/last goalscorer at 13/2 :thumbsup:

i had £5 on him to score at anytime at 3/1...

happy with that...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its taken Lamps about 2 years to get into double figures with england goals...I think.

Gerrard has scored about 3 in that time.

Either way goals win matches. Unless you are Magoo of course and happy beating teams 1-0 for 80 mins.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sid James said:
I don't think Lampard can defend very well but then who cares, he has other qualities.
You're right, he does have other qualities. So putting him in the team and asking him to defend is utterly pointless, because his great strengths are all in going forward. If you want a midfielder to play a defensive role, then Lampard is categorically NOT your man.

Mourinho seemed to go all Svennish last night. Chasing 2 goals, he subs his big powerful centre-forward (Droghba) to bring on Crespo. Which was ok, till he then subbed the one player who looked capable of unlocking the Barca defence (Cole) and just throws on a big central defender up front instead (Huth). So his main striker is on the bench, while a defender plays up front instead.

Actually, he got a touch of the McGhee's there, didn't he ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" Actually, he got a touch of the McGhee's there, didn't he ? "

Yes Easy but Mourinho this morning was quoted as saying

" I am upbeat despite defeat "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here