Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lampard

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He has been very Average tonight against two world class midfielders, another reason for Gerrard and a holding midfielder in world cup?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And just scored a penalty

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
I think it showed how reliant Frank is on having TWO enforcers in Makelele and Essien to do his dirty work.

Personally I don't think there is any doubt that Gerrard is a better all round player. That said he hasn't always delivered for England and Lampard has scored goals for England.

I beat Easy knows the answer.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If thats world No1 player and world No 2 player we have seen tonight - then there is some gulf between em.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Not immense tonight but I'd still prefer him over Gerrard in the England midfield if I could only have one.

Has he EVER missed a penalty?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Bluejuice said:
Not immense tonight but I'd still prefer him over Gerrard in the England midfield if I could only have one.

Has he EVER missed a penalty?

Oh dear, I wish you hadn't said that.

I have a vision of Frank, Gareth & Stuart ordering pizza. Bollox.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IMO Lampard wasn't average tonight - he was very poor. Almost unseen for most of the game.

And why wasnn't SWP given a run ? Chelsea needed to score twice, yet he's left on the bench - didn't Jose watch the England game last week?

He's been completley out thought by Frank 'gob off' Rickard(sp)

Jose's been given 3 years to win the Champions League - that's 2 gone.

Next year :wave:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyNormanBaker said:
He has been very Average tonight against two world class midfielders, another reason for Gerrard and a holding midfielder in world cup?
Aye 'cos Gerrard's NEVER average. ???

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Did Lampard not miss a penalty at home to West Ham in a cup game a couple of years back?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
IMO Lampard wasn't average tonight - he was very poor. Almost unseen for most of the game.

And why wasnn't SWP given a run ? Chelsea needed to score twice, yet he's left on the bench - didn't Jose watch the England game last week?

He's been completley out thought by Frank 'gob off' Rickard(sp)

Jose's been given 3 years to win the Champions League - that's 2 gone.

Next year :wave:

I totally agree, although he may not even be given 3 yrs.It must be safe to assume that Roman doesn't give 2 figs about the Premiership so if the Champs Lge is everything to him then his manager has categorically failed both seasons with no sign of getting better.

I thought he should recruit David Pleat! good,accurate suggestions made throughout his commentating such as switching Cole/Robben, 3 at the back, Shaun W-P, etc.

Mourinho has peaked IMO.I saw a rabbit in headlights tonight.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Yeah drop him, cause Gerrard always delivers for England! :dunce:

And Lampards goals arn't vital for us!!!:nono: :lolol: :lolol:

E

enigma

System didnt suit him tonight- he didnt have a great game but none of the attacking players did.

He should have been pushed further forward- harsh to judge him on this evidence.

Gerrard is naturally more talented but Lampard is more consistent for me.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Judge a man on an away gane at Camp Nou needing a two goal victory and be damned.

Seeing as I know all, this is the last post on the matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here