Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lampard, Cole and Terry

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Any chance of showing the same amount of grit, determination and passion for winning when you are playing for England in the Euros this summer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Harsh on Cole.
England's midfield isn't designed around Lampard.
Terry did feck all, and we should see that again.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'd agree withe Cole comment i can't actually remember a time when he has let England down. I don't doubt for one minute though Lampard and Terry will start so i expect to see them trying and for god sake Hodgson please don't play Gerrard probably the biggest ubderachiever of the whole squad in his entire England career.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why should the players be any different to the supporters? 80% of football fans care more about their club than their country. Players are the same.

Would you rather England win the Euros or Albion to win the Championship? Only supporters of clubs that rarely win anything really care about England. Man utd fans will only hope Rooney doesn't get injured, same for citeh, chelsea, liverpool etc.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Terry's lucky to even be in the squad, he's been poor this season. He used to piggy back off Carvalho, now it's other defenders carrying him. Never understood why he was so highly rated, as he's always been slow and one dimensional. But footballers have always been able to get away with a lot in this country by clenching their fists and wrapping themselves in the St George's flag, thereby fooling the easily confused about their limitations.

I'd love to think he won't play, but no doubt he'll blag his way in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Terry's lucky to even be in the squad, he's been poor this season. He used to piggy back off Carvalho, now it's other defenders carrying him. Never understood why he was so highly rated, as he's always been slow and one dimensional. But footballers have always been able to get away with a lot in this country by clenching their fists and wrapping themselves in the St George's flag, thereby fooling the easily confused about their limitations.

Someone on the wireless mentioned a nice conspiracy theory.

With Rooney as the only 'big boy' Utd player in the squad.
As opposed to Lampard, Cole, Cahill.

Including Terry at the expense of Rio, will stop a Chelsea clique bitching and undermining Team England.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...But footballers have always been able to get away with a lot in this country by clenching their fists and wrapping themselves in the St George's flag, thereby fooling the easily confused about their limitations.

so he simply fooled Mourinho, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti and Cappello ??? you might be able to get away with being carried one season, or fool one manager, but sooner or later you have to accept that in all probablity, despite how much you dislike the person, he is actually a good defender.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
so he simply fooled Mourinho, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti and Cappello ??? you might be able to get away with being carried one season, or fool one manager, but sooner or later you have to accept that in all probablity, despite how much you dislike the person, he is actually a good defender.

But there are better. And he is overrated.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Give it up ffs! He hasn't played pro footy for 15 years on the back of other people... jeeze sometimes hatred clouds sensibility. We all want England to win something and if we did, although I doubt it, and JT is playing you'll be supporting him. The bloke is a bloody good player, you don't hide in the top side in Europe, it is not possible! I think JT has been picked because we have a back three of Chelsea players and it makes sense to play them together. So expect JT, Cahill and Cole to be starting and get over it!

D

Deleted member 18477

Any chance of showing the same amount of grit, determination and passion for winning when you are playing for England in the Euros this summer?

Grit & passion? Don't be silly.

You mean LUCK. Chelsea have had a very lucky end to the season. Everything went their way, they even beat germans at penalties ffs! Terry being suspended was also a blessing as he's wank!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Grit & passion? Don't be silly.

You mean LUCK. Chelsea have had a very lucky end to the season. Everything went their way, they even beat germans at penalties ffs! Terry being suspended was also a blessing as he's wank!

Do you watch football? It's a game of 11 v 11 ... they have to put the ball in the back of the onion bag to win the game.

Shockingly bad poster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here