In a cave
Bring back terraces and flat caps/hats!

Attachments

• Albion-v-Grimsby-19201.jpg
    Albion-v-Grimsby-19201.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 12

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Went to Aldershot v Plymouth Argyle on new years eve and stood in the away end for the whole game, no rails, no nothing, just stood on what looked like steps for the whole game. Bloody loved it despite the domino effect I created when I leapt up at thinking Nick Chadwick had scored.

Terraces are what football is about. It's a working class game where you let out the frustrations from the week whilst watching the game and having a drink. Not getting tutted at and told to sit down in the West Stand at the Amex by some bored looking old bird who spent the whole game looking at her watch!!!:wrong:

£23.50 admission has taken it well away from a "working class game"

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Apologies for the self-plug, but with due deference to the game tomorrow night, I've actually been thinking about this weekend's trip to London Road and what may possibly be a last chance to stand on a big terrace, with a low roof, and watch footy the best and old-fashioned way.

To that end, my latest blog entry is about what is, for me, the end of the terrace era.

Well thats killed the plans i had for a bit of much needed diy on the old house this Saturday thanks for that .

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
£23.50 admission has taken it well away from a "working class game"

Seats always were the expensive option, and that hasn't changed. What HAS changed is that there is no longer the cheaper option of standing on a terrace. It's the proliferation of all-seater stadia that has taken it well away from a working class game, but it is therefore only the re-introduction of a terrace and the affordable admission onto it, from being returned to the "working class".

I used to be able to buy my season ticket as a kid, out of my paper round money no problem. Today, I'd have had to have been running the whole paper shop.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Funny how 20,000 people are going to be fine standing on the pitch for Fatboy Slim.

It's not the same though. Fatboy slim isn't going to score a goal and suddenly you find yourself pushed several rows forward and swept off your feet

It would be great if they could bring back terracing in some areas though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here