Lambert in England squad

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Rooney is quality.

Welbeck (2 goals last season) on the other hand...

I'd have Sturridge in the squad. I don't know whether he is injured or just not included.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perfect is Roy wants to go long. I don't know too much about Lambert but what I've seen of him reminds me of a good old fashioned British forward.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
a
A commendable 15 goals & this is great but we need to start bedding in more youth
even Wickham for eg

Wickham should be in the England squad? and you think Hodgson's lost his marbles?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think Crouch gets unfair criticism for his england performances, but he hasn't played for England since 2010 and he didn't have top form for stoke last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be nice when Ricky Lambert is humiliating the rest of the footballing world, next summer.

3 consecutive summers of British sporting greatness, I can't wait!.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
a
A commendable 15 goals & this is great but we need to start bedding in more youth
even Wickham for eg

You want to not select England's best striker last season (judging by goals and assists only) in place of 'bedding in more youth'? Really?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a quality piece of statistical analysis - great research.

It's very flawed if you ask me. Even in the subsequent comments the author admits some of his assumptions are crude and subjective. Subjectivity in statistical analysis is a big no no; you generally do everything you can to remove bias.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lambert's alright.

That he gets picked, however, is a reflection on the general lack of top class striking talent around. He probably won't let anyone down. Probably wont ever play again after this match either.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lambert being picked by Hodgson reminds me very much of Steve Bull's selection for England #showsage

Still, if you're looking for omens, the Tipton Terror scored against the Jocks on his debut.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lambert being picked by Hodgson reminds me very much of Steve Bull's selection for England #showsage

Still, if you're looking for omens, the Tipton Terror scored against the Jocks on his debut.

Wisdom.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I am very happy for Lambert. Very good player who has grafted for where he is. Hope he goes to the WC if we qualify.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here