Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of pies

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Had first taste of Chicken and Ham pie yesterday and a quality product.
Anyone who thinks otherwise ought to try the usual rubbish on offer at grounds.
The choices of drinks and food are better than any club I have visited. And if its not for you then get somenthing on way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had first taste of Chicken and Ham pie yesterday and a quality product.
Anyone who thinks otherwise ought to try the usual rubbish on offer at grounds.
The choices of drinks and food are better than any club I have visited. And if its not for you then get somenthing on way.

I think you'll find that hardly anybody is complaining about the choices of drinks and food, only about the availability of same.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Much easier to get in WSU yesterday, could even have got one at half time if I had wanted, and the Harveys seller seemed to have little to do.

Either staff are getting better or people are eating/drinking less.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Had a pie pre match and thought it was far better than when I've had one at half time.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I work at the Amex and i see th threads about my company not ordering enough pies, this is false.

Piglets didnt fulfill her order, she delivered over 1,000 pies short and blamed her machine breaking down apparently. We tell our managers that we need more pies and this is what they did for this week, i saw the orders.

She was still delivering pies at 2pm to try and catch up, I know we have work to do in the kiosks but it is not fair that azure get blamed for this week.

I know the big boss of azure is going to get piglets to put a note out explaining the reasons.

In all fairness 1000 pies less around the staduim does not count for the amount of people that have complained about food. What about no hotdogs?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Piglets can't bake enough pies to satisfy demand shouldn't there be a secondary supplier ?

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
This thread is hilarious.

I did a 'bring your daughter to work' day last year. Was a real success.

Think we should apply the thinking to pies. Bring your pie to footie day.

Maybe we could run pie tasting competitions at half time

Or Pie swap shop?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I work at the Amex and i see th threads about my company not ordering enough pies, this is false.

Piglets didnt fulfill her order, she delivered over 1,000 pies short and blamed her machine breaking down apparently. We tell our managers that we need more pies and this is what they did for this week, i saw the orders.

She was still delivering pies at 2pm to try and catch up, I know we have work to do in the kiosks but it is not fair that azure get blamed for this week.

I know the big boss of azure is going to get piglets to put a note out explaining the reasons.

So who's fault was the fact that there were no hot dogs in the north stand at half time then

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So who's fault was the fact that there were no hot dogs in the north stand at half time then

Or the East stand, I walked and tried each kiosk in the East stand from the family stand right round to the one in the corner next to the South stand and not one had any hot food. I was banking on a couple of hot dogs for my kids, and would have settled for a veg pie, but everything was gone.

Interestingly, the hotdogs and burgers actually sold out before the pies....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sorry to disagree! I have had a Harveys and a Pie on almost every visit to the Amex. Quality excellent and service has improved every time. Staff very polite and cheerful. Keep it up!

Me too,.... in WSU,...... but the pie this week was a different shape, even though the filling was the same,... who can I complain to about that eh?? :p:p:p

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Although the pies are better than at some other grounds I found that the filling was good but the pastry was cardboard, in view of the time queuing i will bring one in with me in future.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Can a new queueing system be brought in? Instead of seeing a mass of people and trying to guess which queue will be the quickest why can't this be managed with retractable barriers with the first person in the queue moving forward to the first free till. Come on, it's not rocket science. If someone in the queue ahead of me is ordering a million drinks and all I want is a Pepsi, waiting is daft.

Trial it! Suggest it to someone! At the moment I don't even bother getting anything to eat or drink at half time so the club has now lost my money. I'd rather bring a bottle of Pepsi in than queue up for 20 minutes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can a new queueing system be brought in? Instead of seeing a mass of people and trying to guess which queue will be the quickest why can't this be managed with retractable barriers with the first person in the queue moving forward to the first free till. Come on, it's not rocket science. If someone in the queue ahead of me is ordering a million drinks and all I want is a Pepsi, waiting is daft.

It's a good point. I was lucky with my pre-match purchase in that the queue I joined happened to be leading to 2 tills. As a result, and as you'd expect, it moved about twice as fast as the queue to my left which led to a single till. I leave impressed with the speed of service whilst some poor chap to my left can't believe how slowly his queue is moving.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It's a good point. I was lucky with my pre-match purchase in that the queue I joined happened to be leading to 2 tills. As a result, and as you'd expect, it moved about twice as fast as the queue to my left which led to a single till. I leave impressed with the speed of service whilst some poor chap to my left can't believe how slowly his queue is moving.

I previously suggested angled rope barriers for the ends of the WSU which are particularly narrow and cause mayhem because of the queues for refreshment and people trying to get to the toilets - Wish they would listen to suggestions - Also the TV monitors are facing back into the queues but peops. are standing looking at the monitors in amongst the queueing throngs thus aggravating the problem.

Further, the guy who served me recently had to walk to the far end of the refreshment kiosk and round the back of the 'pass' to the original end to pour a pint of whatever and then return the same way. Field day for time and motion though I suspect it is down to lack of staff.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here