Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of pies

silkyseagull

Aug 1, 2011
I work at the Amex and i see th threads about my company not ordering enough pies, this is false.

Piglets didnt fulfill her order, she delivered over 1,000 pies short and blamed her machine breaking down apparently. We tell our managers that we need more pies and this is what they did for this week, i saw the orders.

She was still delivering pies at 2pm to try and catch up, I know we have work to do in the kiosks but it is not fair that azure get blamed for this week.

I know the big boss of azure is going to get piglets to put a note out explaining the reasons.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I work at the Amex and i see th threads about my company not ordering enough pies, this is false.

Piglets didnt fulfill her order, she delivered over 1,000 pies short and blamed her machine breaking down apparently. We tell our managers that we need more pies and this is what they did for this week, i saw the orders.

She was still delivering pies at 2pm to try and catch up, I know we have work to do in the kiosks but it is not fair that azure get blamed for this week.

I know the big boss of azure is going to get piglets to put a note out explaining the reasons.

Yes it is OK to blame Azure as they are in charge of the contract to supply catering so need to manage their supplier

Yes it is OK to blame Azure as they are in charge of the contract to supply catering so need to manage their supplier
... speaks someone who works in the railway industry and therefore understands the delicate mechanisms of buck passing.

Surely it's the Football Club that needs to take responsibilty? They are the people who sell me my ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
... speaks someone who works in the railway industry and therefore understands the delicate mechanisms of buck passing.

Surely it's the Football Club that needs to take responsibilty? They are the people who sell me my ticket.

Not directly in the rail industry as in train running which is where you are trying to go with a comment like that

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009

And what about the mile long queues and the slow service?...........Piglets again?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Bring back the chip....................Azure will probably burn them or blame a nationwide shortage of potatoes.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate

Suerely you're not blameless, we understand the first season will be full of teething problems but all we want is a pie. Not a veggie burger in a hot dog roll. blurgh.:rant:

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I managed to get a pie but for the 3rd time running when i get to the kiosk to buy my pie and a pint they tell me that the Harveys has run out.
Surely with over an hour still to go to kick off this shoudn't be tha case ? Nice pie though. :smile:

Fur Cough

Can't see why people would eat the pies myself, Staek one has herbs that you taste for 24 hours after and the Chicken and Ham is lacking anything resembling Ham. Havent tried the veggie one.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Given the popularity of the pies at the Amex it's not surprising they might be struggling to meet demand, my only complaint would be a lack of signage at the kiosks to inform fans, i was a little frustrated having queued for 10 minutes to be told there was little or no food left.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Given the popularity of the pies at the Amex it's not surprising they might be struggling to meet demand, my only complaint would be a lack of signage at the kiosks to inform fans, i was a little frustrated having queued for 10 minutes to be told there was little or no food left.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds like the club lost out on many thousands of pounds worth of potential catering revenue yet again yesterday. Oh well, if they're not that bothered, neither am I. Plenty of other places to eat before/after the game. Their loss :shrug:

Last edited:

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Sorry to disagree! I have had a Harveys and a Pie on almost every visit to the Amex. Quality excellent and service has improved every time. Staff very polite and cheerful. Keep it up!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

He should concentrate on his own game, the big boss, as he's doing a worse job than Piglets...shameful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here