Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of atmosphere or what..???

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Was the same at The Goldstone, the same at Withdean the same at The Amex, when the team can't hit the back of the net, get on the end of a header in the box or penetrate at all what should we expect. A lot of people in the ground are new and to be fair just come to watch a match of footy, there were more cheers when Chelsea scored on the concourse in the north than in the stands today.

If the team are on fire and give it there all then an atmosphere will be created. Today that was not the case, we are not going to win every match at home this season, get used to it.

If we loose, we loose........

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Atmosphere yesterday was the worst this season, but given the way the game went it was shouldn't be a surprise

It was probably no more than 4-5 times better than Selhurst's game yesterday - poor show :(

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Got to love NSC sometimes, On min we hear why dont we sing enough classic songs instead of all the new garbish, next songs are to old!

Also getting sick of hearing about certain individuals, myself and loads of others in the NS don't stop for 90 mins yet people seem to have this impression its only certain people. Judge is great (Except that CMS song IMO :p), the NSK are always going and load getting that whole side going and the bollox lot are great (if not a little fast) the majority of the NS is brilliant and all those who sing every min can be quietly proud and leave it at that.

The people are great but have little time for those trying to make them into the NS celebrity.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Agreed. The Judge's re-incarnation of that Billy Ray Cyrus classic needs to be stopped NOW.

"Don't sell Smith, Craig Mackail Smith, I just don't think we'd understand. Cos if you sell Smith. Craig Mackail Smith, I think we'd have a riot on our hands".

Garbage!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
10,000 empty seats but still managed to create terrific noise levels week in week out, winning or loosing.

Well you haven't been doing much of the loosing (sic) lately. I very much doubt the place was rocking when you were 2-0 down to Burnley the other week.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I still think the biggest problem is the away fans are to far away from the NS.

The Banter levels are shit generally between home and away fans as the noise really does not travel that well.

Sitting smack bang on the half way line i can hear both sets of fans almost equally, at times saturday different pockets of the north were singing different songs and the rest of the ground contributed nothing.

The North end of the WSU usually get a few songs going, but nothing Sat. in the middle where I am, absoultley ziltch only the bloke behind me and a few others atttempt to sing everyone else just looks to scared. (to be fair its not everyones thing)

and the WSU south end were also very quiet today. if the east and the south join in its always a bonus and when everyone gets going it sounds great, but when people cant be arsed, they cant be arsed its a real shame, but I have gone back to enjoying away atmospheres a lot more again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The problem is that it was the 3rd edgy game running and people were more concerned about the result and watching play, than with singing.

We need to take the lead at home again and then see the crowd relax and the atmosphere return.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gonna be honest I woke up saw the weather and thought its gonna be shit.

I wasnt disappointed.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe we just have to acknowledge that the Amex is never going to be a seething cauldron of noise :shrug:

It won't, roofs far too high, angled the wrong way, stands behind the goal are minuscule and away supporters are at the far end to our 'noisy' home fans. It's not ever going to have a brilliant atmosphere for the vast majority of matches.

That's before we factor in our fans complete inability to sing any songs at the correct speed or pitch and at the same time, our insistence on clapping on every single song when it doesn't need it and our obsession with which stand we're sitting in.

Plus ticket prices are astronomical.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
People who claim that the atmosphere needs to be created by the players are only partly right.

You could tell right from Fanzone onwards that it was going to be quiet. On days when the atmosphere is loud, it builds up long before the players have even run out. On Saturday you could sense a lot of people couldn't really be bothered. It happens, I guess.

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
Also doesn't help that someone has clearly turned the speakers down in the WSU (And lower as well possibly) meaning the pre-match build up such as Fanzone doesn't really get going.

I can remember la-la'ing my head off to the revamped 'Hey Jude' tune during the build up to the Cardif game as well as Barnsley, but since then it's almost like they've been told to turn the noise levels down because it's upsetting the neighbours....!!!

I agree with Monkey Man, if the atmosphere hasn't started building up before the game starts then it doesn't stand much of a chance during it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here