Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Developers when it goes well make a 20% profit. Affordables at 80% MV rent do not make anyone a profit, I've seen the numbers close hand. Where a site has say 25% affordables, that element is in effect gifted to the social housing provider at literally the cost of land and development.

You're talking about genuine social housing. That's going to take government of local authority subsidies, as once was in effect.
If sale prices and rents are lower because they have to build small units for young people. It just reduces price developer pays to landowner No problem

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That picture of Sunak does look like a cardboard cut out stuck on! Is that really real or an AI jobbie?
No doubt here’s another that a Labour MP posted and subsequently apologised for
IMG_1574.jpeg

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Interesting. Has this MP actually been sworn in properly?

He wouldn’t have been able to take his seat last week if he hadn’t.

His actual words of allegiance was:

"I take this oath under protest and in the hope that one day my fellow citizens will democratically decide to live in a republic...until that time I do solemnly sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will be faithful and bear true Allegiance to His Majesty King Charles, according to the law."

Some unnamed “Royalist campaign group” says on X , Starmer should sack him and the right wing press, like GB news and the Express picked up on it and concludes that ‘Starmer is being ‘put under pressure to sack him’ - ffs 😂

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

But of course, it could have been the 'official' photo that was doctored??!
Asked to comment, Mr Turner told Sky News he was "sorry for inadvertently sharing an image which apparently turns out to have been fake".

"How on earth could I possibly know that the image wasn't real?," he said.

If the image was real then Mr Turner wouldn’t have apologised now would he 😉

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In fighting already.

In fighting, rolls eyes. Here’s the same debate but with less biased and sensationalized language.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Any sign of an actual meltdown yet?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

An Eton educated lord, a Hedge fund manager, Pro-Israel tycoons and a former poker player. Are you sure they aren't the Tories ?
it's a broad church,

do you not feel better now the adults are back in the room?

politicians working, rather than fire-fighting an endless torrent of self-created, scandalous, omni-shambles cluster-fucks?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

An Eton educated lord, a Hedge fund manager, Pro-Israel tycoons and a former poker player. Are you sure they aren't the Tories ?
Money follows the winners. There's no point in trying to curry favour with a party who are not going to be in power is there? and it was very clear from almost day one that only one party was going to have a (vast) majority in this parliament.

It's up to Labour to try and not bend to the wants of people who donated and may not agree with their manifesto pledges. No sign of that so far.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here